Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the length of stem that comes as standard on the 16.5" and 18" SXCs? I can't seem to find any info...
I presume (maybe incorrectly?) that that length is the same for a given frame size throughout the SXC50/70/90 models? :???:

Reason for asking is I'm looking at buying a new SXC Team frame and have been told by the very helpful distributor that I'll fit both the 16.5" and the 18". This has left me a little confused :confused: I'm nowhere near any dealer (about 400miles/640km away) and can't try the bike out. :madman:
Rocky Mountain if you're reading, get some (more) dealers in Ireland!!! There's only 1!!!

I want to be able to do all-day rides on this bike, if the mood fits, and am unsure if the smaller size 16.5" will be too cramped for these.
For reference, I'm 5'8" (1.73m) with 32" (83cm) inside leg, weigh ~80kg and I have a 17.5" 08 Cove Handjob with a 90mm stem and am happy with this setup.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
I think the typical stem on the assembled SXC is 100mm. You'd likely have to adjust the stem length to fit but a lot of people do fall into the middle of the range between the 16.5" and 18", it will depend on whether your arms or torso are long for your height.

The 16.5" frame HTT length is 565mm and the 18" frame HTT length is 591mm (and this is virtual HTT rather than actual HTT [3], the HTT length is measured between the head tube and the red line with the seat set at normal riding height so it will vary with saddle height. See pic.

So measure the HTT length of your Cove and see which Slayer frame comes closest.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.