·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 5' 8" with a 30" inseam
I had a RM Slayer 50, 18" and it felt a bit big
my lbs is letting me switch over to a 16.5 which is coming from Rocky

do you think that's agood decision?

In the parking lot, I raised the seat on the 16.5 quite high and it didn't feel too short or anything (granted I had on my street clothes)

·
Registered
939 Posts
i would say so, i stood over the 18" when i was looking, and had zero clearance, my legs are 2" longer than his. by the way, did greg take that pic you use as your avatar? also, when do you want to go riding? we should go to lynn w/ greg..

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
fishercat said:
i would say so, i stood over the 18" when i was looking, and had zero clearance, my legs are 2" longer than his. by the way, did greg take that pic you use as your avatar? also, when do you want to go riding? we should go to lynn w/ greg..
feel the love

G

·
customized
3,123 Posts
fishercat said:
Yeah, Greg took that at Fort Rock. I am slow as snot now and need to condition my upper body, I think I'll be ready to humilate myself at Lynn in a week or so. You should come up with Greg when he does the Concord tour... some of the moves are as technical as the best at Fort Rock.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You got loooon legs sister

fishercat said:
18" is too big in my opinion. I'm 5'6" w/32" inseam on a 16.5" slayer.
Yeah, I'm hoping that will work!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinkin

fishercat said:
yeah yeah... :)
anyway, unless the lack of standover is totally drastic, the most important dimension would be reach/top tube lenght.

RM's seem different in their sizing than other brands. The 18" slayer is like 23.5 yet the 16.5 is only 21.85 (if the measurments on their site are accurate)

Well, not much I can do now, if it doesn't fit at least I have awesome parts (Slayer 70) and will sell the frame and get a Titus or Kona or something

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.