Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a total 29er convert until my back hub died while in Moab a few weeks ago. The only rental I could grab on short notice was a 6" travel Trek. Having never really ridden anything other than 26" HTs and 29er HTs before that weekend, all that travel and big hydro brakes was eye opening. With 2 days of riding on the Trek and one on a Gary Fisher FS 29er (pretty nice bike), something with the Trek's travel and the 29er's stability and terrain eating wheels sounds just right.

Enter the 650b... I love the 29er feel but really would like to take advantage of all the 26" frames on the market. Reading through the fork and frame sticky threads, it sounds like there are a number of single pivot FS frames that work.

The new Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC has my eye but I don't know if there are any issues with 650b wheels. I really like the idea of this type of bike and the travel adjust fork hits home. Any thoughts on this bike? Suggestions for something similar?

Thanks in advance!

·
Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
1,630 Posts
MMcG said:
I have a local EMS that carrries Rocky Mountains - I also have a 650b rear wheel here. I could see if they'd let me check for fit for you if you'd like me to do that for you.

Just email me if your answer is yes. [email protected]
Go for it. I think the Slayer is a pretty cool bike... I'd love to know if a Neo-Moto would fit in the rear end. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.