Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of Sun Rims & Pivot Hubs, and I was wondering if anyone has or know how I could fit the 12mm rear axle on the frame. Does Rocky mountain have a mod piece I could put in there? Is it better to swap out the hubs I have from the stock wheelset?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hmm...you want your slayer (10mm I think) to swallow a 12mm axle? Short of enlarging the holes which is definatley a do it at your own risk, warrentee voiding mod (but probably fine) you'll have to either replace the axle or the entire hub. Some hubs come with kits (like my hadley) so you can run difference axle sizes or maybe you could use a 1mm thick sleeve inside the hub to reduce the axle size. The easiest solution might be a wheel rebuild with a 10mm hub.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even notice that, well it looks like I will have a nice rear wheel maybe when the next bike comes along... I'll just stick with the rear wheel I got then... Thank You

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.