Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took a trip from Tulsa the week before Thanksgiving and finally put a few clips to music. We are (obviously) not freeriders, but did work our way up to the four foot drop. It is fun, the trails are easy compared to most I have ridden, but do have jumps and berms and skinnies. No skinny footage here. Forgot to get any.

Only two hours from Tulsa in Bentonville AR (home of wally world)

BTW.. for all of you New Belgium fans...they have Fat Tire(and all the other NB products I know of) over there(like Ar is a foreign country or something). We bought the liquor store's entire stock :) (only 2 cases).:(

·
Registered
390 Posts
alas - shot down by the gestapo. no video for you. SLAUGHTER PEN must be fo real if there gonna shut down all goodwill marketing. I guess wal-mart really can bastardize our sport. From what I know, slaughter Pen is on wal-mart land and was donated by walmart family. I'm just surprised at a shut down of the video.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try again. You Tube was doing scheduled maintenance last night and it took a long time to process after I uploaded. I embedded the URL in the thread before it was done, so that could have led to the difficulty. I did see the message about the copyright thing though.

I can't stream anything here as it takes too much bandwidth, but looks like the video is up now.

There are plenty of Youtube videos with SPH tags out there.

The land was donated by walmart, but "Slaughter Pen" refers to the name of the hollow it is located in. Walmart didn't name it that.

Did you get your maiden voyage in?

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Nope...

SoDakSooner said:
Try again. You Tube was doing scheduled maintenance last night and it took a long time to process after I uploaded. I embedded the URL in the thread before it was done, so that could have led to the difficulty. I did see the message about the copyright thing though.

I can't stream anything here as it takes too much bandwidth, but looks like the video is up now.

There are plenty of Youtube videos with SPH tags out there.

The land was donated by walmart, but "Slaughter Pen" refers to the name of the hollow it is located in. Walmart didn't name it that.

Did you get your maiden voyage in?
Still getting the copyright infringement notice. I suspect it's the music, not the images.

Where did you buy beer in Bentonville? I thought it was a dry county? When you head back down there, there's a huge liquor store with a great beer selection just North of the state line in Missouri. Mac-a-doodles, despite the goofy name, will have about any type of beer you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, its the music track...never had that problem before. Wife said I got an email at home. I guess Bon Jovi wants their cut :( Will fix tonight and re-post, sans music.

We hit a liquor store when we put gas in south of Bentonville, must have been a different county. We drove up to Bentonville from the south. We may head back that way next weekend, so will build my stockpile. :)

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Damn You, Jon Bon Jovi!

SoDakSooner said:
Yeah, its the music track...never had that problem before. Wife said I got an email at home. I guess Bon Jovi wants their cut :( Will fix tonight and re-post, sans music.

We hit a liquor store when we put gas in south of Bentonville, must have been a different county. We drove up to Bentonville from the south. We may head back that way next weekend, so will build my stockpile. :)
If you head North on 71 from SPH, you'll hit Mac-a-Doodles on your left almost immediately after crossing the state line in to Missouri. It's about 10-15 minutes from SPH.

Are you hitting Leatherwood, Devil's Den or any of the other AR trails?

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Leatherwood...

SoDakSooner said:
We did the Womble a couple of years ago, and my buddy has done Devils Den a couple of times. We want to hit Syllamo too, but haven't gotten there yet.

Where is Leatherwood?
Leatherwood is in Eureka Springs, AR. About 45 minutes from Bentonville.

It's a fantastic trail system built by one of the guys that helped with SPH. It's about 18 miles of singletrack.

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-arkansas/trail/PRD_164621_4514crx.aspx

You should definitely make some time to go there.

·
Registered
390 Posts
That looks like fun. I should go to work on my hucking/drop ability in a safe, predictable environment where you can work up to bigger heights. I'm more like a tank on the bike. I'll roll over and down anything, but I don't like to leave the ground. I always ride to that drop at turkey that you posted the video on the tulsa thread and wuss out at the last minute.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
candycorn has family down there so we visit. well she visits and i ride. sph has good xc/light am trails but the skills park is the big draw for me and my pals. as far as a good ride, lake leatherwood is far better id say. never ridden the den but im told its also more fun and a hike there makes that sound true. the good news is all 3 are within a hour of center and the drive up to eureka springs is killer fun if yer a ex competitive driver but tie down the beer cooler so it doesnt slide into yer dog.

lemme clear up some of the wally world bashing. yeah, the land came from the family. 1 of the grandkids is not only a good guy but a hot shoe rider and made that happen. the whole thing was designed and built by a small group of very cool local riders who all help maintain it to this day if i have my info correct. the day it was opened to the public, it was handed over to the city who proclaimed it a park that very moment and rumor has it 20 more miles of trail could be built on yet more donated family land someday. its a very cool thing overall. if it goes down, i could see bentonville bein a major regional draw.

thank gawd for mac a doodles!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.