Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I found these tent poles at the campsite where Bruce, Nate and Brian was, If these are yours PM me your mailing address and I'll send them to you.
The capt. may have gotten bombed but I didn't leave any of my equipment behind!!!

Attachments

·
dolce
81 Posts
no match here

I made it home with all my gear, execpt for some tent stakes I managed to set down somewhere in the grass and could never find.

Must belong to Brian or Bruce I guess.

nate

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Capt_phun said:
Hey I found these tent poles at the campsite where Bruce, Nate and Brian was, If these are yours PM me your mailing address and I'll send them to you.
The capt. may have gotten bombed but I didn't leave any of my equipment behind!!!
Hey Capt, that's mine. Don't know how I missed it and didn't realize it was missing, but thank's a bunch. I'll PM ya with my shipping info. Thanks again! :D

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Maybe if you would spend more time thinking of the present and less time thinking about the ex-wife you would remember these things. :D

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Actually....

I think Nate was helping me gather up my gear and I had asked him to fold up the poles and stow them for me. Sorry Nate.

As far as the ex goes, I don't hold ANY sort of grudle against that lying, cheating, whoring, non-butt-wipping, stealing, *bleep*ing, no good of a *bleep*, puss *bleep*, *bleep*ing ex of mine. No...no sort of grudge here. :D

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
So thats why you still talk about her constantly......always talking about how sexy she was and how you look forward to the next time you see her sweet, angelic face. Always talking about how innocent and pure she was.......face it.........you're in luv! :D

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
You sound smitten.

crashedandburned said:
I think Nate was helping me gather up my gear and I had asked him to fold up the poles and stow them for me. Sorry Nate.

As far as the ex goes, I don't hold ANY sort of grudle against that lying, cheating, whoring, non-butt-wipping, stealing, *bleep*ing, no good of a *bleep*, puss *bleep*, *bleep*ing ex of mine. No...no sort of grudge here. :D
You sound like you are in LOVE! (kidding)

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Sweeeeettt!!!!

LowCel said:
Hey crashedandburned......check out the new roadie, it's finally done.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=102448#post102448

I really like the cranks. Have you had a chance to ride it yet??? MAybe I'll race you on my POS....OPPS, I called it a POS....Guess that means I have to go out and buy all the latest and greatest toys since I CLEARLY work for BIKE of Mt Bike Action. :D

Really, sweet ride, let me know how it does.

I just bought a new laptop since my old one is done for , but the tect I took it to said I should be able to get some cash out of e-bay for salvage parts. Also, I applied for a job with the State of WV. I just talked to them and the lady said that my stuff looked pretty good. If they can make me a decent offer, I might be moving back home!!! :D *singing* "country roads...take me home....to the place.....where I BELONG....West Virginia..."

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Thank ya. I rode it last night but I ended up flatting before the ride was over. Put in a new tube and it blew imediately. Come to find out I had a defective tire, had a huge slit in it. I only put about 7 or 8 miles on the tire before it went. When I got home I put another tube in it and it blew as well, thats when I figured out the tire was shot. That 8 miles ended up costing me $71. $47 for the tire and $8 for each lightweight tube.

Anyway, right when I flatted it started pouring. A few minutes later it really started pouring, and hailing. At one point I couldn't even open my eyes the rain was hurting so bad. Tree limbs were coming down all over the place, I spent most of the time walking thru 4" of water, then other times there was 8" of water. This was on chapel road, I flatted right after descending Alpha, I'm glad it happened then and not when I was doing over 40 mph coming down the hill. Would have been going faster but I caught a truck.

BTW, that ride reminded me how stuck up the people in KC are, not one person offered me a ride to my car or anything. I can understand people in cars or SUVs not offering but someone in a truck could have. Also, some of the locals were on their porch just watching me walk, they didn't even offer to let me stand under their porch or carports until the rain died down. Eventually, after I walked for about 1/2 an hour the guy I was riding with finally showed up with the car. He started showing me red marks on his arms from where the hail was hitting him so hard while he was on his way to the car. Once he got into his car he could barely even see to drive. Then, to top it all off he got stuck at a railroad crossing due to a slow a$$ train so it took him even longer to get me.

Long story made a little less long.....I love that bike!!!! As for the rest.......it was an experience.

Oh by the way, there was only a 30% chance of scattered showers yesterday evening. Once I made it home I found out they changed that to severe storms and do not be outside unless absolutely necessary!

·
Not sure what to type?
566 Posts
What is it with you and tubes...

LowCel said:
Thank ya. I rode it last night but I ended up flatting before the ride was over. Put in a new tube and it blew imediately. Come to find out I had a defective tire, had a huge slit in it. I only put about 7 or 8 miles on the tire before it went. When I got home I put another tube in it and it blew as well, thats when I figured out the tire was shot. That 8 miles ended up costing me $71. $47 for the tire and $8 for each lightweight tube.
You really need to invest in a tube manufacturing company.
I'm looking forward to getting my road bike next year. My local bike shop can get me a real good deal on a Schwinn Fastback. Not top of the line by any stretch of the imagination, but it will work for me.

BTW... Crash my bike again last weekend. Stupid downed tree jumped out and caught my back wheel. Spun me around and off the bike off the bike I went. Can you believe it's still dirty from that ride. Must wash bike...Must wash bike... :D

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
What you're bike is DIRTY?!?!?!?! BTW.....have you ever seen a trans blue heckler? I mean your red looks good but if I were you I would have probably went for the blue. :D

Oh as for flats, as long as I have been riding I have only had to fix seven flats while riding. All seven of them have been in the past month. Luckily I was able to get my tire warranteed though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts