Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up there next weekend for some rock, root, and mud fun. Besides the usual "it's always wet", anybody have any info on current trail conditions, specifically Red Run, Bear Pen, Tea Creek Mountain Trail, etc.?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I was there recently and can report excellent conditions. However I did not ride Red Run. But Bear Pen, Gauley, Boundary, Tea Creek Mtn (the down hill is a bit overgrown), Right Fork, Props etc. are in great shape. Some new maintenance on Gauley.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was riding up there on the 11th. Rode Tea Creek -- a bit overgrown, as noted, but otherwise in nice shape -- and Cheat Mtn Ridge to 6,000 Steps up on Snowshoe. 6,000 Steps was wet and a touch waterlogged here and there, although someone had come through and laid down some logs in the bad spots.

Planning to get out there this weekend again. Maybe we'll bump into each other (not literally, hopefully).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Milkman,

How were the conditions? Was it wet?
Yea. It was a dank day. Cloudy, and moist. Trails were in good shape though. More slick roots and granite chunks than mud. What soil there is, is very loamy. Word of caution....treat any and all bridges with extreme respect. My riding partner could not even stand to walk across. Thought I would have to carry him. Was a GREAT riding experience. Truly some of the best, most technical singletrack in this area. It can be mentally exhausting trying to negotiate the granite and roots. After frying my brain on the blissful yet challenging singletrack, I roached engine climbing out of the valley along the scenic highway. Can't wait to return.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.