Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, gals

first trip to cb this week. im a front ranger heading up in the wee hours thurs morn hoping to secure a nice primitive spot for our group of six. the wife and i will be mtbing exclusively, others hiking and what not. some trips to town for food/drink are def in the plan too. were staying 4 nights

my question is what you guys prefer for your basecamp. ive tried to read exhaustively on all the avail options, and have narrowed to either cem creek or slate river rd.

am i correct that slate is closer to town, more scenic (expansive) from camp, but lacks in ride from camp options?

also, would i be correct in saying that cement creek has some great trails to ride from camp, but is more forested. how far up the valley do you have to go before finding some good dispersed spots here.

thanks in advance, im looking forward to hearing your thoughts

·
Registered
52 Posts
i would say slate creek no doubt... not much to offer in riding from camp, but very close to town, i think due to the snow, most of the riding will be towards town anyway. most of the camping on cement is tight near the dusty (and busy) road. Cement is a haul to town. one other option in up above gothic, but maybe too much snow up there for the riding...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.