Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I was told they won't be available for 29ers till the end of March at the earliest.

I would like to know the weight of this tire, in the 29" size. Anybody have a proto or something??

·
transmitter~receiver
9,334 Posts
gsxr1600 said:
Someone said the 26" weighed 640 grams
there are 11 versions of the tire in 26," including wire bead and UST, which are likely heavier than either of the 29er versions. any clue as to which version the someone who said that was talking about?
for example:
26" 2.25 Racing Ralph UST - 725g
29er 2.25 Racing Ralph Tubeless Ready - 585g

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
meltingfeather said:
there are 11 versions of the tire in 26," including wire bead and UST. any clue as to which version the someone who said that was talking about?
I'm hoping that is the weight of the UST wire bead version:eek:

I'm really hoping the sidewalls are decent with a weight under 600 grams. That would be on par with the Maxxis Ikon and Racing Ralph (similar tires with similar tread from what I can tell).

·
Registered
114 Posts
there is a lite version which i don't think is available yet but the typical 26" DCT folding is between 620g and 650g. bit of a brute really.

if the the lite version was to come in at close to 500g then it would pair quite nicely with a kozmik lite on the rear, especially for florida trail riding.

as it stands i'm more generally inclined to roll on racing ralphs but i've also had a lot of good luck with michelin xcr's - a/t on the front and dry2 on the rear. wish the michelins weighed a bit less but work well and roll almost on par with the ralphs.

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,439 Posts
It's a very round profile tyre - even less of a shoulder on it than the SB8. Looks like it would be a decent rear for hardpack and moderately loose conditions but for myself I'd never run it on the front.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sideknob said:
It's a very round profile tyre - even less of a shoulder on it than the SB8. Looks like it would be a decent rear for hardpack and moderately loose conditions but for myself I'd never run it on the front.
I've been running one on the rear of my 5 Spot with a Blue Groove on the front. I have to say I'm liking it as a rear better than the SB8. Traction hasn't been an issue and it's really predictable at the limit. I'm looking forward to wearing it out and trying the 2.35.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.