Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking ht bike for XC racing. Nowadays XC courses has steep technical downhills and drops. So I would like to get bike with slack head angle.

Pivot Les 29 is that I want. Slack head angle, allows officially 120 mm fork and light carbon frame.

For me Pivot is a bit too expensive. So is there any competitors for Pivot? Slack head angle, officially 120 mm fork and preferably light carbon frame?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
XC courses with technical downhills and drops warranting slack angles? Most of my xc courses have tons of climbing and fast singletrack with relatively minimal fast downhills. I had a "slack" HA carbon 29 HT, Scott Scale, and I believe it was 69.5 but as you know the HA is only one part of the equation. But with a 120mm on a HT it'd be waaaaay relaxed. Does the Les have short chainstays and steep seat angle to help offset the HA and longer axle to crown?

·
Now broadcasting from CO
1,225 Posts
Turner Czar (69.8 degrees), Salsa Spearfish (69.3 degrees), Pivot Mach 429C is slack-ish with a 100 mm fork (definitely a slack racer with a 120 mm fork), Pivot LES is pretty slack too for a hardtail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts