Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SL started life as a SL with the stock WTF build. I went with the fox shock and fork for a few reasons and recommendations.

As it sits now it is 24.4lbs ready to ride and as I ride it now. It will get slightly heavier when the winter tires go on. But I think the bike doesnt give up its all mountain performance with the current build.

Frame: Med SL with lopes link, RP23
Fork: Fox Talas 140mm, 15mm QR
Stem Ibis 100mm
Handle Bar: Easton SL Lite
Grips: ESI Chunky
Shifters: XTR
Brakes: Magura SL 180/160
Front Der: XTR
Rear Der: XTR
Seat Post: Easton EC 90
Seat: Selle San Marco Cayman
Chain: HG91
Hubs: Industry 9 classic 15mm front 10mm thru rear
Spokes: DT
Rims: Edge All Mountain 32mm
Tires: Conti Race Kings 2.2
Tubes: Conti Ultra Lite

I know with a manitou and a dt rear shock I could be in the 23 range, but I plan on getting the foxs pushed this summer and feel that it will be better in the long run.

Thanks

I will try and post better photos

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After riding the bike with ZTR355 rims and 9mm skewers, the switch to 15mm front end and 10mm dt thru axle along with the wider stiffer wheels and lopes link, all I can say is the ride has been transformed. It tracks so well and has pin point accuracy. It truely is a different bike. I was blown away on how true the bike tracked to my intended path. It was like I was on rails. Loving my Mojo more and more. Cant wait for later in the season to push the fork and shock, need to wear them out alittle more.

Ken

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
KenDobson said:
After riding the bike with ZTR355 rims and 9mm skewers, the switch to 15mm front end and 10mm dt thru axle along with the wider stiffer wheels and lopes link, all I can say is the ride has been transformed. It tracks so well and has pin point accuracy. It truely is a different bike. I was blown away on how true the bike tracked to my intended path. It was like I was on rails. Loving my Mojo more and more. Cant wait for later in the season to push the fork and shock, need to wear them out alittle more.

Ken
Agreed,

I I as one of the people who got a 150mm Talas with the a standard 9mm QR. While I like the fork, it seems a bit flexy. Eventually i will buy new lowers and covert it to a QR15. Just need the money. I would rather spend my money on that than get the Lopes ling. The rear of the bike feels good, but I also only weigh 155 lbs.

Erik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.