Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like to park in the Skyline lot and start off with an out and back on River to Ridge.

Then:
-climb Buckeye and take the connector to Skyline.
-go left and keep going up Skyline until I get to the trail closed sign(Tuteur Loop is still closed, AFAIK).
-come back down Skyline, take a right to pick up Chaparral
-continue onto Marie Creek, then Manzanita (take a right at "Biker's Bypass" sign for some quick tech)
-continue on Manzanita back to the parking lot

Not gonna lie, the Buckeye climb is tough. But you could also take the Lake Marie fire road up to Skyline for a smoother but kinda boring climb.

Whichever way you go, the park should be in awesome shape. Just watch out for the wet sock dab-of-doom on those creek crossings.:thumbsup:

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,858 Posts
I like to park in the Skyline lot and start off with an out and back on River to Ridge.

Then:
-climb Buckeye and take the connector to Skyline.
-go left and keep going up Skyline until I get to the trail closed sign(Tuteur Loop is still closed, AFAIK).
-come back down Skyline, take a right to pick up Chaparral
-continue onto Marie Creek, then Manzanita (take a right at "Biker's Bypass" sign for some quick tech)
-continue on Manzanita back to the parking lot

Not gonna lie, the Buckeye climb is tough. But you could also take the Lake Marie fire road up to Skyline for a smoother but kinda boring climb.

Whichever way you go, the park should be in awesome shape. Just watch out for the wet sock yabba-dabba-doom on those creek crossings.:thumbsup:
fify

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. You guys have a real gem up there, super fun trail system right near town. A lot more technical climbing than I’m used although apparently I was trying to climb stuff that is usually ridden only down. If your rocks appear to be anodized blue, that’s from my pedals.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Thanks for the info. You guys have a real gem up there, super fun trail system right near town. A lot more technical climbing than I'm used although apparently I was trying to climb stuff that is usually ridden only down. If your rocks appear to be anodized blue, that's from my pedals.
Where did you end up starting out your ride from?
Yeah going up Buckeye, if you did, is a grind. And usually descending riders are coming at you pretty hot!

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you end up starting out your ride from?
Yeah going up Buckeye, if you did, is a grind. And usually descending riders are coming at you pretty hot!
Looking at the map, it had to be Buckeye. I was out there from 2-4 pm on Friday, only saw two other riders the entire time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.