Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Aaron
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering doing a fast ride tomorrow at Skyline Park in Napa or would be open to something else as well. Know that there is an Anandale ride already scheduled but wanted to stay more local.

Any other interest? Lief? Mike?

-Aaron

·
gimme friction
1,135 Posts
I'm considering Skyline for Sunday 4/17...

I've never ridden there, though...any recommendations on a route? Kinda looks like any sort of ride would go back to the lake, but several ways to get there.

Also, my ride will *not* be fast... :D

If you go, kindly post back on conditions.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was just thinking about where I would ride tomorrow. How far north is Skyline? I don't really want to go more than an hour away, so I was shying away from the Annadel ride as well. I was thinking Rockville, but I've been there so many times. Skyline sounds appealing. What time where you thinking about starting the ride?

·
Aaron
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
biggz said:
I was just thinking about where I would ride tomorrow. How far north is Skyline? I don't really want to go more than an hour away, so I was shying away from the Annadel ride as well. I was thinking Rockville, but I've been there so many times. Skyline sounds appealing. What time where you thinking about starting the ride?
Skyline is 35 minute drive from us. Is a great rocky technical park. Mostly single track. Suggest we go early and carpool. We could meet at Hidden Lakes Park across from my house at 8... That will put us riding by 9 at Skyline for anyone else who wants to just meet up there.

Biggz, Let me know if that works or if another time/meeting place is better. Aaron

·
Registered
29 Posts
RatherBeRiding said:
Considering doing a fast ride tomorrow at Skyline Park in Napa or would be open to something else as well. Know that there is an Anandale ride already scheduled but wanted to stay more local.

Any other interest? Lief? Mike?

-Aaron
Can't make it for Saturday, but was thinking a Diablo ride Sunday from Mitchell Canyon

·
Registered
241 Posts
RatherBeRiding said:
Skyline is 35 minute drive from us. Is a great rocky technical park. Mostly single track. Suggest we go early and carpool. We could meet at Hidden Lakes Park across from my house at 8... That will put us riding by 9 at Skyline for anyone else who wants to just meet up there.

Biggz, Let me know if that works or if another time/meeting place is better. Aaron
Early works for me. I'll see you in the Hidden lake lot at 8.

Mike

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
skylines aight its basically like a bigger version of rockville, hard to get in some decent mileage without repeating trails ... i live 2 miles away next time you guys want to go holler and ill show you the local secret entrance.

·
3,533 Posts
skyline hasnt been raced in years ... i remember they moved it to domain chandon winery in yountville but it isnt crackin over there anymore either so i dont know whats going on.

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Melt said:
skyline hasnt been raced in years ...
Incorrect. There has been a race at Skyline for the last nine years.

http://www.eaglecyclingclub.org/mtbike.htm

It's possible to put together a long ride at Skyline without repeating too much, and pretty much nothing in the same direction, if you're familiar with the park.

For instance:

From the main lot, climb Manzanita, climb rim rock, ride Skyline Trail to Upper Skyline, climb Lake Marie Road to Bayleaf, descend lower Skyline, climb buckeye to Skyline to Chapperal to Marie Creek trail and out on Manzanita.

·
3,533 Posts
eagle cycling club hahahahahahahaha .... so what like 3 people show up ... those guys are a bunch of roadies im suprised they even know mountain biking exists.

Also rim rock isnt maintained very well, the few times i ventured out that way it was fairly overgrown.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pete said:

It's possible to put together a long ride at Skyline without repeating too much, and pretty much nothing in the same direction, if you're familiar with the park.

For instance:

From the main lot, climb Manzanita, climb rim rock, ride Skyline Trail to Upper Skyline, climb Lake Marie Road to Bayleaf, descend lower Skyline, climb buckeye to Skyline to Chapperal to Marie Creek trail and out on Manzanita.

Thanks, This is a great race!, technical and steep course, not for everybody.

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Melt said:
eagle cycling club hahahahahahahaha .... so what like 3 people show up ...

Actually, 154 last year. Your cluelessness is quite consistent, eh?

Melt said:
those guys are a bunch of roadies im suprised they even know mountain biking exists.

Have you ever thought about the root cause of your fear of roadies child? I'm guessing the answer is "no."

Melt said:
Also rim rock isnt maintained very well, the few times i ventured out that way it was fairly overgrown.

Many cyclists can appreciate, heck even search out, challenging and primitive trails.

There are a number of riders who think that Rim Rock is the best trail in the park.

Thanks for staying off of it.

·
Aaron
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pete said:

For instance:

Pete, I agree, the Skyline race is a great race - very technical as anything is at Skyline. I plan on doing it again this year.

That's a killer route you have - I'll have to try that next time.

·
3,533 Posts
oh i can ride rim rock, but waist high grass is hardly my idea of fun personally, and thats how it was the last time i tried to ride it, maybe youve forgotten that i live in napa and this park is only 2 miles from my house eh? .... all i know is that if i didnt live here, i sure as hell wouldnt waste my gas or money ($4 entry fee and parking) going to skyline since there are WAY better parks and trails scattered all over the north bay.

153 riders DAMN thats a lot of people :rolleyes: not even close to their 400 limit

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
Melt said:
oh i can ride rim rock, but waist high grass is hardly my idea of fun personally, and thats how it was the last time i tried to ride it, maybe youve forgotten that i live in napa and this park is only 2 miles from my house eh? .... all i know is that if i didnt live here, i sure as hell wouldnt waste my gas or money ($4 entry fee and parking) going to skyline since there are WAY better parks and trails scattered all over the north bay.

153 riders DAMN thats a lot of people :rolleyes: not even close to their 400 limit
anyone else waiting in dire anticipation for Pete to resond to this???

·
Registered
60 Posts
gobike said:
I particularly don't care. I just wanted to know when the race was. Just like no one cares that I can't make it that weekend, because I signed up for the Davis Double Century the day before. (Yes! a roadie event, ha ha ha!).

Cheers

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
gobike said:
I'm not sure that that's the term I'd use, but it's almost as ridiculous as the SC guys from the other thread.

Word to Melt - Just stop with the insulting banter. It's really tedious to have to weed through the useless derogatory commentary. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it ain't no good and just because you're not willing to pay a use fee that typically pays for services that you take for granted doesn't mean it's wrong for them to charge a fee.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't know if I would go that far..

Melt said:

Aaron and myself had a really good time out there on Saturday. Perfect weather, trails weren't to packed at 9 am... friendly hikers, one even took a photo for us. Aside from the grouchy equestrian and my log drop into shoulder tumble, things we're great. The oak was a little heavy, but we moved on and got to see a good portion of the park. I wish I didn't give away my map to a hiker so I could see how much of the park we actually covered. Oh, the enterance fee is $6 btw, not 4.

We did do some double time on Manzanita for a bit.. not much. Definately worth the cost to check it out the first time, even better if you have someone to share the cost with. I'll be going back sometime soon for sure. Being mostly singletrack however lends itself to not being traffic friendly, which was the only problem.. as the day went on we started running into a lot of riders coming the opposite direction which got a little annoying.

Mike

·
3,533 Posts
$6 ... didnt know, i havent paid the entrance fee in years :p

anyways with all the useless banter aside, (maybe if pete would keep his fuccin mouth shut instead of instigating shiit all the time) next time you guys come out like i said i would be happy to show yall around. The equestrains is another problem with skyline, they arent feelin mtn bikers AT ALL ... i remember back when i was like 12 we were riding down lake marie road and they were also headed down, riding 3 deep side by side and wouldnt move aside and let us pass.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.