Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I shift from middle to big ring. I have a BRAND new X9 trigger shifter that POPS free when trying to shift from mid to big. Now when u push thru as one continuous shift from small to big it will go. I have tried lubing the shifter with triflow still no difference. I have brought many older good and cheap shifters back from the dead with that method along with popping the return spring to free it up. So I have a good idea of how to do it. This one has me stumped. I plan on only running 2 rings in the future but still would want the shifter to work 100%.

Any other ideas I am open to hear...... Thanks

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
rsullivan said:
I plan on only running 2 rings in the future but still would want the shifter to work 100%.

Any other ideas I am open to hear...... Thanks
If you're going to only run 2 front rings then you'll most likely only use the 1 and 2 shift positions on the shifter. This is what I do and I've been running 2 rings for years, always use the 1 - 2 shifts on the shifter.

If those work, then you're golden. Unless you want to get the "BRAND new" shifter replaced.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well BlueSkyCycling is sending me a new front shifter. They are even paying the shipping cost to send back. I just hope the new one is checked prior to shipping out the replacement.

Kuddos to them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.