Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am shopping for my first pair of bib shorts and have spotted these two bib shorts. The F.I has a reputation build up over years of well testimonials, but I am not sure about the SKINS. The reason why I am even considering the SKINS in the first place is because their compression garments seem to be very popular, so it is possible that their bibs will be as good as their compression.

Has anyone tried the any of the two before? Are they as good as each other?

Thanks .

P.S: I am a rather short [email protected] 5ft6in if that affects anything.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
TheGenTwo said:
Hey guys, I am shopping for my first pair of bib shorts and have spotted these two bib shorts. The F.I has a reputation build up over years of well testimonials, but I am not sure about the SKINS. The reason why I am even considering the SKINS in the first place is because their compression garments seem to be very popular, so it is possible that their bibs will be as good as their compression.

Has anyone tried the any of the two before? Are they as good as each other?

Thanks .

P.S: I am a rather short [email protected] 5ft6in if that affects anything.
Overpriced.

I have used expensive bibs (club issued). Keep going back to Voler shorts. More comfortable, more durable, MUCH more affordable.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I purchased a pair of Assos F1 bibs, absolutely the best you can get in my opinion....

I then purchased 2 pairs of Skins Bibs.... I have worn 1 pair a couple of times and never again, they are not a patch on Assos... I then purchased 2 more sets of Assos....

Yep, very expensive indeed, but they last and last if they are looked after well... A very good investment in my opinion...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts