Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to mountain biking but ive learned the basics like bunny hopping and going ofe logs with ur front tire and ride over it. anyway, what are those spoked ramps that i see in the pictures and out on the trails called? how can i traine for them, ive almost fallen off a board walk made by nemba (thin boardwalk) becuase it came unexpedenly off a turn and the mud dug out from the front of it. anyway, what should i know (basics) b4 i try to learn these?

·
Registered
121 Posts
i'm not 100% sure what you mean by "spoked ramp" but i'm guessing you mean ramps made out of two log thicker sticks interlaced with smaller sticks in a ladder configuration??? if thats the case the only good way to train for those is working on balance... try riding on a curb to start out with, and then move on to spoked ramps and log rides.

Alittle trick that i learned that worked for me when trying to do balance beam like activities is look ahead ten feet and not at your front tire. It may seem weird at first but it helps you balance. For instance you don't drive a car looking at your hood, and a gymnist doesn't stare at their feet, so keep your head up and only look down if you must. Its like learning to walk... once you have it down you don't gotta look where your feet are going.

Also speed helps. the bike likes to stay up right when moving faster. So in the woods go faster but if you are trying to practice go slow (its alot harder). good luck if this is actually the question you asked.

·
ceteris paribus
593 Posts
For the bunny hop, do a search in the begginers forum, you'll find a tin of threads explaining the basics of bunny hop quite well, as well as other basic techniques.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.