Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
monster member
953 Posts
Well, one thing we should all remember is that we're from different areas. Here in the northeast, a day or two after long soaking rains, skidding can cause damage.
But now I just noticed this is in the Arizona subforum. My wife's family is in El Paso so I mtb there and in the normal dry season, it does seem like 100 people could skid there and not do any damage.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8,419 Posts
Well, one thing we should all remember is that we're from different areas. Here in the northeast, a day or two after long soaking rains, skidding can cause damage.
But now I just noticed this is in the Arizona subforum. My wife's family is in El Paso so I mtb there and in the normal dry season, it does seem like 100 people could skid there and not do any damage.
Did you read the OPs story? This was more about being rude to hikers and giving off a bad impression. While some trails can take a little more abuse it is still a bad look and presents the sport in a bad light.

·
The .05 percent
1,047 Posts
Forgive me MTBR trail police, for I have sinned. I overcooked a corner yesterday in a blown out dusty corner of trail and made a skid. I will gladly repent, say 5 hail marys and donate to IMBA in order to gain forgiveness....

·
passed out in your garden
2,752 Posts
Forgive me MTBR trail police, for I have sinned. I overcooked a corner yesterday in a blown out dusty corner of trail and made a skid. I will gladly repent, drink 5 IPAs and donate to a Micro Brewery in order to gain forgiveness....
FIFY

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8,419 Posts
141 - 152 of 152 Posts