Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we keep getting snow in the valley and up at Bogus/Tamarack, I was wondering what your preference for snow sports are. I prefer snowboarding... just never could figure out the technique for skiing.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,018 Posts
Sacrilege. You're not hardcore unless you mountain bike in the snow.

(Which, by the way, I am decidedly NOT. Picking up my freshly tuned and waxed board from the Board Room this PM, complete with new bindings. Snow is for sliding, not riding.)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The only bad experience on a chairlift was when I fractured my growth plate in my ankle on the chairlift at bogus. I had to ride the quad up the whole way cause they didn't want to stop it. I couldn't imagine that though. aha. Can't help but laugh.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It's a date?

nwmtb said:
Greg.........i was expecting a black and white photo. : ) but those goggles will do just fine.

on topic.....skis for me and i've been loving the fritchie bindings on Atomic Nomads
Chad, I still hope to have a fun on-snow date with you and others this winter at Lost Trail. Back in my day, we did have color film. Also leather boots, long thongs, and I somehow remember that my short slalom skis were 200's. My, how things have improved! I don't have to wear long thongs when I ski anymore. (to everyone's relief)

·
jones'in
917 Posts
GregB406 said:
Chad, I still hope to have a fun on-snow date with you and others this winter at Lost Trail.
I love that mountain. Spent many, many days there as a kid living in Lolo. They ran a school bus to the mountain every Saturday during the winter. Even before I could drive, I was spending my allowance money on lift tickets at Lost Trail.

GregB406 said:
..... long thongs.......
say whaaaaaaa????? I hope you mean size XL flip flops.

As for the '1 plank or 2' debate. I ski. I tried riding a snowboard once. Couldn't get used to sliding sideways and spent every other minute on my ass or my face. I still have all the fun I can handle on skis (after 22 years on 'em) to switch.

--Ben

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.