Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
bighitdon said:
Hey Patrick,

you should include me in that trip!!! oh an i can get you that enduro, too :D
Nate and I are tentatively planning for Sunday, 7/23. Probably a half day thing, leave SC early (but not too early) to get there when they open, get a 4 hour lift ticket and ride, head back to SC in the early afternoon. Let me know if your up for it. If it's cool (IOW, if I don't break a part of my body or bike) we may look to take another trip (or two) back later in the summer.

Patrick

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
Hey there denton. Things are lookin good up in your neck of the woods, but I have one quick question. For those of us coming from State College, what do you think is the best/fastest route to get to Denton Hill? Map Quest says to use 220 to 44 then to 6. Or, even though it is longer, would 220 to 15 then 6 be better?:confused: I use to drive 15 a lot and it is a very nice road.

We are looking forward to the trip!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shortest route is - to bellefonte - 80 to snowshoe - 879 to karthus - quehanna highway - wycoff run - to sinnemahoning - 872 north to coudersport - 6 east to denton I'll check this out on mapquest and see if the route comes up. We travel this way every time we come - should be about 100 miles from the mall to the area.

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
That's looks great

Denton, From your pictures it looks like allot or fun.

I have to tell you that I did not know there was a ski area so close to me in Pa that offered this.

Can you describe or tell me how the riding is?

I would like to ride some DH/FR type of stuff along with some XC with my son.

I see that they offer camping on the grounds, that's what I like to do.

·
Registered
538 Posts
ugh... wykoff run! that road is either heaven or hell.

i'm pretty familiar with that route, it helps growing up in gods country. if i can get the time off, my foot healed and all, i'll gladly guide people through the wilds to get there.

might be in need of some kneecap bustin soon. we'll see.

don

·
Registered
538 Posts
minidude,

i got the shaft, working straight through till next wed it looks like. bummer too, i got some old axo DH boots with spd's i was thinking i might be able to work out enough support to keep my ankle together.

i might try and find someone to cover, i ran into patrick today. i guess he and nate are still looking to go. stop by the shop, i'll be able to tell you more there, and no one will edit out my cursing for the 45+ hour schedule.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.