Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Middleburn RS-7 cranks on my singlespeed 29er. I've been using a Crank Brothers Cobalt bottom bracket, which just recently started crunching after 4 months of use. I'm thinking about replacing it with an SKF bottom bracket, which seem to be the best quality ISIS bottom brackets out there. I can order either the 300 series or the 600 series from mtbtandems.com (http://mtbtandems.com/SKF.htm). The only difference seems to be the use of stainless steel in the 600 series and coated cro-moly. Is a stainless steel bottom bracket going to last me longer? Any other thoughts?

·
Just a flesh wound
2,369 Posts
Good question

I got the BXC-600 for my Prophet here in New England (Mass). It has been perfect. No maintenance, just smooth and dependable riding.

I was going to get the 300, but I splurged for the stainless. It probably doesn't matter, but I decided that the absence of rust is good for the long haul.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would you happen to know the weight of the BXC-600. I am looking to keep my turbine LP's going a little longer while still being weight conscious. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts