Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late notice but this is the perfect storm.

There will be a grill. There will be a keg. There will be a dozen expert rhoadies in lycra. I think Team Sexual Camel is making their debut.

My minivan is full of bikes now so I can choose my weapon.

fc

·
MarkyMark
1,352 Posts
Terrific ride tonight. I got there late and fortunately met up with the tail-end of the group when they were on Sierra Morena heading to Steam Donkey. There was a nice breeze all night so it wasn't as bad (bugs & heat) as last week.

Overall, it was brutal--they threw Spring-board into the mix tonight. I'm glad I missed the "warm-up" climb up Resolution. Paule on the single-speed climbed up Spring Board and passed me like I was standing still. He's a freaking animal! Very fast pace and very technical route. I know it's only getting better/worse as the weeks go on, but I'm looking forward to next week.

As always, the after ride activities made it worth it. A keg (OH YEAH!), plenty of beers, lots of yummy food and friendly conversation. Matt's cup-cakes were a hit.

Thanks go out to everyone that showed and contributed. See you in Downieville.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ah, no wonder nobody went up Kennedy today. Skeggs is much more fun to ride and definitely cooler. Plus free food and beer? Darn how did I miss that one?
- J.L.

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
uggg- bad day on the bike for me. started out dehydrated (i've been fighting a stomach bug for three days) and ate it HARD going down steam donkey. FC brought the Fuji Reveal (5 inches) and i let it get away from me. went OTB and broke my helmet, cut myself up a bit too. then, coming up springboard FC left me in the dust.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dirt_Diggler said:
uggg- bad day on the bike for me. started out dehydrated (i've been fighting a stomach bug for three days) and ate it HARD going down steam donkey. FC brought the Fuji Reveal (5 inches) and i let it get away from me. went OTB and broke my helmet, cut myself up a bit too. then, coming up springboard FC left me in the dust.
Damm dude, I didn't know you fell there. I thought all you did was the little slip on Resolution. Frick, new bike, health bug, payment to the bike gods.

fc

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Dang dude.....

Dirt_Diggler said:
....bummer about the digger at Skeggs yesterday. Might have avoided the crash had you done the 10hr ride with jibmaster up in Napa (wasn't he planning that yesterday :confused: ), though you might have ended up feeling the same amount of aches and pains :eekster: ......you'll gap fc on the climbs next ride! :thumbsup:

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MarkMass said:
Terrific ride tonight. I got there late and fortunately met up with the tail-end of the group when they were on Sierra Morena heading to Steam Donkey. There was a nice breeze all night so it wasn't as bad (bugs & heat) as last week.

Overall, it was brutal--they threw Spring-board into the mix tonight. I'm glad I missed the "warm-up" climb up Resolution. Paule on the single-speed climbed up Spring Board and passed me like I was standing still. He's a freaking animal! Very fast pace and very technical route. I know it's only getting better/worse as the weeks go on, but I'm looking forward to next week.

As always, the after ride activities made it worth it. A keg (OH YEAH!), plenty of beers, lots of yummy food and friendly conversation. Matt's cup-cakes were a hit.

Thanks go out to everyone that showed and contributed. See you in Downieville.
We had 11 riders in group A and that became 12 as we picked up Mark. The route was very creative and was a first time for most.
- down Tafoni, up Resolution
- Sierra Morena to upper and lower steam donkey
- up springboard, down blue blossom
- up gordon mill, up sierra morena

There was a group of about 8 on group B. And there was Matt from Boston on group late C.

There was a real keg at the party and ham Panini's by Chef Paule.

I saw Charlie (skyline35) and Dom (dominator13) on the trail

fc

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dirt_Diggler said:
Diggler....I gotta apologize...Paule and I were laughing at your expense after your crash. I think you'll find it funny as well: you know, they say 90% of all accidents happen within a mile of home ;-)

But seriously, great route yesterday. I had a couple full-pucker moments in some of the bumpier sections, and trying to keep diggler's wheel down blue blossom. Also, remind me to not ride springboard on a SS again. Yup. The keg/panini/bbq/snack hang afterwards was only made better by the fact that it was still like 65 degrees at the parking lot...unbelievable.

Now...to find a ride to D-ville this weekend :)

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jmkimmel said:
Diggler....I gotta apologize...Paule and I were laughing at your expense after your crash. I think you'll find it funny as well: you know, they say 90% of all accidents happen within a mile of home ;-)

But seriously, great route yesterday. I had a couple full-pucker moments in some of the bumpier sections, and trying to keep diggler's wheel down blue blossom. Also, remind me to not ride springboard on a SS again. Yup. The keg/panini/bbq/snack hang afterwards was only made better by the fact that it was still like 65 degrees at the parking lot...unbelievable.

Now...to find a ride to D-ville this weekend :)
It doesn't make up for the 6+ Skeggs Wednesdays that you missed but yesterday was epic. 9:30 party at the lot before it got dark.

After Blue Blossom Isaias went up Lower Steam Donkey and the crew went up Gordon Mill. I heard last week that the Steam Donkey route is faster so my race with Isaias was on! I went haard on Gordon Mill but Isaias popped out of Steam Donkey about 50 yards ahead.

Jeremy caught up to me and was commentating as I was making my final attacks near the top. He then turned it on and left me and Isaias in the dust right at the end.

fc

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.