Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late notice but this is the perfect storm.

There will be a grill. There will be a keg. There will be a dozen expert rhoadies in lycra. I think Team Sexual Camel is making their debut.

My minivan is full of bikes now so I can choose my weapon.

fc
 

·
MarkyMark
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Terrific ride tonight. I got there late and fortunately met up with the tail-end of the group when they were on Sierra Morena heading to Steam Donkey. There was a nice breeze all night so it wasn't as bad (bugs & heat) as last week.

Overall, it was brutal--they threw Spring-board into the mix tonight. I'm glad I missed the "warm-up" climb up Resolution. Paule on the single-speed climbed up Spring Board and passed me like I was standing still. He's a freaking animal! Very fast pace and very technical route. I know it's only getting better/worse as the weeks go on, but I'm looking forward to next week.

As always, the after ride activities made it worth it. A keg (OH YEAH!), plenty of beers, lots of yummy food and friendly conversation. Matt's cup-cakes were a hit.

Thanks go out to everyone that showed and contributed. See you in Downieville.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
Ah, no wonder nobody went up Kennedy today. Skeggs is much more fun to ride and definitely cooler. Plus free food and beer? Darn how did I miss that one?
- J.L.
 

·
~~~~~~~
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
uggg- bad day on the bike for me. started out dehydrated (i've been fighting a stomach bug for three days) and ate it HARD going down steam donkey. FC brought the Fuji Reveal (5 inches) and i let it get away from me. went OTB and broke my helmet, cut myself up a bit too. then, coming up springboard FC left me in the dust.
 

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dirt_Diggler said:
uggg- bad day on the bike for me. started out dehydrated (i've been fighting a stomach bug for three days) and ate it HARD going down steam donkey. FC brought the Fuji Reveal (5 inches) and i let it get away from me. went OTB and broke my helmet, cut myself up a bit too. then, coming up springboard FC left me in the dust.
Damm dude, I didn't know you fell there. I thought all you did was the little slip on Resolution. Frick, new bike, health bug, payment to the bike gods.

fc
 

·
NedwannaB
Joined
·
12,792 Posts
Dang dude.....

Dirt_Diggler said:
uggg- bad day on the bike for me. started out dehydrated (i've been fighting a stomach bug for three days) and ate it HARD going down steam donkey. FC brought the Fuji Reveal (5 inches) and i let it get away from me. went OTB and broke my helmet, cut myself up a bit too. then, coming up springboard FC left me in the dust.
....bummer about the digger at Skeggs yesterday. Might have avoided the crash had you done the 10hr ride with jibmaster up in Napa (wasn't he planning that yesterday :confused: ), though you might have ended up feeling the same amount of aches and pains :eekster: ......you'll gap fc on the climbs next ride! :thumbsup:
 

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MarkMass said:
Terrific ride tonight. I got there late and fortunately met up with the tail-end of the group when they were on Sierra Morena heading to Steam Donkey. There was a nice breeze all night so it wasn't as bad (bugs & heat) as last week.

Overall, it was brutal--they threw Spring-board into the mix tonight. I'm glad I missed the "warm-up" climb up Resolution. Paule on the single-speed climbed up Spring Board and passed me like I was standing still. He's a freaking animal! Very fast pace and very technical route. I know it's only getting better/worse as the weeks go on, but I'm looking forward to next week.

As always, the after ride activities made it worth it. A keg (OH YEAH!), plenty of beers, lots of yummy food and friendly conversation. Matt's cup-cakes were a hit.

Thanks go out to everyone that showed and contributed. See you in Downieville.
We had 11 riders in group A and that became 12 as we picked up Mark. The route was very creative and was a first time for most.
- down Tafoni, up Resolution
- Sierra Morena to upper and lower steam donkey
- up springboard, down blue blossom
- up gordon mill, up sierra morena

There was a group of about 8 on group B. And there was Matt from Boston on group late C.

There was a real keg at the party and ham Panini's by Chef Paule.

I saw Charlie (skyline35) and Dom (dominator13) on the trail

fc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Dirt_Diggler said:
uggg- bad day on the bike for me. started out dehydrated (i've been fighting a stomach bug for three days) and ate it HARD going down steam donkey. FC brought the Fuji Reveal (5 inches) and i let it get away from me. went OTB and broke my helmet, cut myself up a bit too. then, coming up springboard FC left me in the dust.
Diggler....I gotta apologize...Paule and I were laughing at your expense after your crash. I think you'll find it funny as well: you know, they say 90% of all accidents happen within a mile of home ;-)

But seriously, great route yesterday. I had a couple full-pucker moments in some of the bumpier sections, and trying to keep diggler's wheel down blue blossom. Also, remind me to not ride springboard on a SS again. Yup. The keg/panini/bbq/snack hang afterwards was only made better by the fact that it was still like 65 degrees at the parking lot...unbelievable.

Now...to find a ride to D-ville this weekend :)
 

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jmkimmel said:
Diggler....I gotta apologize...Paule and I were laughing at your expense after your crash. I think you'll find it funny as well: you know, they say 90% of all accidents happen within a mile of home ;-)

But seriously, great route yesterday. I had a couple full-pucker moments in some of the bumpier sections, and trying to keep diggler's wheel down blue blossom. Also, remind me to not ride springboard on a SS again. Yup. The keg/panini/bbq/snack hang afterwards was only made better by the fact that it was still like 65 degrees at the parking lot...unbelievable.

Now...to find a ride to D-ville this weekend :)
It doesn't make up for the 6+ Skeggs Wednesdays that you missed but yesterday was epic. 9:30 party at the lot before it got dark.

After Blue Blossom Isaias went up Lower Steam Donkey and the crew went up Gordon Mill. I heard last week that the Steam Donkey route is faster so my race with Isaias was on! I went haard on Gordon Mill but Isaias popped out of Steam Donkey about 50 yards ahead.

Jeremy caught up to me and was commentating as I was making my final attacks near the top. He then turned it on and left me and Isaias in the dust right at the end.

fc
 

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top