Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leading some folks from PTB on a ride at ECdM this Saturday. Ride is open to anyone, so feel free to come on out.

Meet at Skeggs Point Parking Lot at 9:30am (plan to be ready to ride by 9:45). We will see what trails are open (there are a few seasonal closures) and try to make a good 2 to 3 hour loop. Expect some good technical trails and a fair amount of climbing. Bring appropriate food and water, and necessary equipment (helmets are required).

Weather reports says we should be fine, but should they be wrong - rain on day of ride or heavy rain the day before will cancel.

Need info, contact me through my MTBR profile.

If you want to carpool up from PTB, contact me and we will see what we can arrange.

·
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See you at Skeggs.

Weather report has us with light rain showers - doesn't sound like anything that would stop the ride.

·
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am still planning to ride. If it rains enough that Skeggs would be muddy, then I will cancel. But the soils there are used to moisture, so it would take a bit of rain to make things bad.

·
Registered
133 Posts
singlespeed.org said:
I am still planning to ride. If it rains enough that Skeggs would be muddy, then I will cancel. But the soils there are used to moisture, so it would take a bit of rain to make things bad.
I just mounted my fenders hoping for the best. If you cancel, is it safe to say you will post here early about it? If I wake up in the morning and it has been raining a while, I'll likely bag it.

·
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to leave my house in SF at about 8am to make it to the shop, and then to Skeggs. If you don't see anything by a bit after 8, then I am on my way to ride!

·
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ride Canceled!!!

Half Moon Bay's airport has reported almost a half inch of rain in the last 24 hours, and San Carlos is reporting a third of an inch. Still some showers out there for today. Seems like it may be best for us to bag it.

The weathermen seemed to be wrong. :mad: "Chance of showers" my *$$! :madman: Earlier this week, it sounded like it would be a given that we would be riding. I put in about canceling if there is rain as kind of an aside, never expecting that we would.

I may try this again next Saturday. Will post something later in the week if I do.

Peter

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Despite the rain my buddy and I took our mountain bikes out today for a road ride (him on his old Diamond Back rigid and me on my old Stumpie rigid - he didn't want to get his Colnago muddy and I didn't want to feel guilty riding a roadie while he struggled with his mountain bike). We rode from his house in Daly City to Sawyer Camp Trail, down the full length of SCT including the section in San Bruno, then up Skyline back to his house. My legs are still sore from this wet 25 mile ride but it was fun.

We want to join you next week but we won't be free and clear until after lunch time, unfortunately, so we may have to go out there and do our own thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.