Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
urbantrailridingroadie
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a park in the LA area that allows bikes (26" wheeled bikes that is) to use the park?

Hollywood Sports Park tore down their park in January and they are not planning on rebuilding it.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks,
tep

·
Registered
981 Posts

Hawthorne has a concrete skatepark as part of Larry Guidi Park.

https://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=417

Bikes are allowed there. It's crowded on the weeknigthts with kids who should be doing their home work. Best times to go for bikers is early weekday mornings or early weekend mornings while the kids are still sleeping in. There aren't too many 26" bikes there, mostly 20" BMX stuff, but they seemed to be cool to me when I rode there.

·
urbantrailridingroadie
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
frankenbike said:

Hawthorne has a concrete skatepark as part of Larry Guidi Park.

https://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=417

Bikes are allowed there. It's crowded on the weeknigthts with kids who should be doing their home work. Best times to go for bikers is early weekday mornings or early weekend mornings while the kids are still sleeping in. There aren't too many 26" bikes there, mostly 20" BMX stuff, but they seemed to be cool to me when I rode there.
I've been there a handful of times. It's w/in 15mins of my house. That place is soooo incredibly slippery!!, and I've been kicked out of there a couple of times as well. Officially BMX are allowed. 26" wheeled bikes are not. The funny thing you'll find the neighborhood kids riding scooters, trikes, I've even seen a little kid in the bottom with training wheels on her bike. Everything but 26" wheeled bikes. Now I know what the BMX riders are feeling in terms of riding spots. I agree if you do go during school hours, which is tough for me, you'll most likely be able to ride and not get the boot.

Thanks for info though,
tep

·
urbantrailridingroadie
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is what they told me...

TYM said:
Do you know why HSP is not rebuilding the skatepark? It was fun to hit up after riding the BMX track.
When I called the other day to see if the skatepark had been finished they told me they weren't planning on rebuilding it. They are in the process of building another 'stadium'. I was kind of taken aback and didn't ask any follow up questions. I just thought 'stadium' meant no place to ride in the future or another paintball area.

later,
tep

·
That's gonna leave a mark
1,632 Posts
Bunch of hooligans

tep said:
When I called the other day to see if the skatepark had been finished they told me they weren't planning on rebuilding it. They are in the process of building another 'stadium'. I was kind of taken aback and didn't ask any follow up questions. I just thought 'stadium' meant no place to ride in the future or another paintball area.

later,
tep
It's about time you punks were kicked out of the public parks! I swear, everytime I go out there with my motorized scooter to practice some nac-nacs, you jokers are there padding up like it's some gladiatorial arena. Git your buttes back on the trails where you belong!

·
Ich bin ein Knolliner
225 Posts
Upchuck said:
I swear, everytime I go out there with my motorized scooter to practice some nac-nacs, you jokers are there padding up like it's some gladiatorial arena.
Ah ha! So that's why I haven't seen you out on the trails for awhile. ;)

·
urbantrailridingroadie
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
change your avatar!!

Isn't that a picture of one of them 5 Spot beecicles thingys with them thar gears whatcamacallits on it?

Can you ride this wknd?
tep

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.