Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tires are you guys running for Urban or SkatePark riding??

I've been on Hook Worms for the last year or so.
I'm not too happy with them.
I have a cement skate park near my house.
It's that smooth polished cement and the Hook worms wash out pretty easily.
I'm looking for something stickier.

I even tried washing my tires with CoCa Cola.

·
brooklyn bike rider
506 Posts
where did you hear that the holy rollers were developed by chase?
the holy roller has been around for a long time for bmx bikes.
did he help adapt them to mtb size or something?

i run dmr motos and they're pretty good.
the kenda k-rads are similar and i know many riders who dig them.
arrow launches are also sweet.

·
Bob Saget Fan
122 Posts
mosplat said:

I second the dmr motos too. I just got a pair and they are pretty good. I have the 2.4 size wich looks just like the holy rollers.

And that thread design must be like 10 years old so i don't think chase did anything to those tires.

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
Where can you get 26" holy rollers??

I've been meaning to start a thread about em.

I know many BMXers that swear by them, they seem perfect for the type of concrete that freeriderizzle is talkin bout.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think Chase just rides the Holy Rollers. I doubt he had anything to do with the development....Anyways, I just picked up my new set from my LBS today. They were 52$ each (Canadian) so maybe 40$ US. Oh, they only come in 2.4" which weigh 685g I think.

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
JSUN said:
Where can you get 26" holy rollers??

I've been meaning to start a thread about em.

I know many BMXers that swear by them, they seem perfect for the type of concrete that freeriderizzle is talkin bout.
Yeah, you can. My friend had them on his bmx bike a while back and he hooked up great on polished concrete and wood. The tread design and compounds are probablly the same so they should be the same as the 20" versions.

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
mosplat said:

Yump, Arrow Launchs... I use to run HookWorms.. they're a tad heavy, and flat out suck when it's smooth and wet, especially anywhere near wet grass, just ask my slightly torn rotator cuff...

But I just swicthed to Arrow launchs, not sooo good in the wet either, just ask my spranged thumb...but way better than worms and way lighter.

Agree on the krads as well.... a few of my crew run them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys....I just ordered aset of tubless Holy's from BeyondBikes. $49ea
I'lllet you know how they work out.

Theres an 8' spine at the park I ride at and if I tricked off of it and landed a little sideways I'd always wash out. The concrete is clean...not dusty at all...so it was pissing me off.

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
freeriderizzle said:

Theres an 8' spine at the park I ride at and if I tricked off of it and landed a little sideways I'd always wash out. The concrete is clean...not dusty at all...so it was pissing me off.
Tubelss huh? Ya use Stans, on what rims?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I've been checking out the Kenda short trackers.... Havent ridden them yet but they appear to be ideal, as in semi-slick with a little bit of tread, light weight 2.35 and 2.5's avail :)..... Havent seen them for sale yet boo :(
2 duometers avail
normal?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The Kenda Short Trackers do look awesome for a tire than could be used for both urban/trails. They are really light (like 540g for the 2.3 XC version) and should roll awesome. I almost got a set.

Freeriderizzle: Are your Holy Rollers actually dedicated tubeless tires or are you just using Stans on regular rims? I might switch to tubeless soon....You probably explained this when you said "Deemax's" but I'm too much of newbie to tubeless to know what that means.

Also, anyone know if it's possible to remove the labels from the rims sidewall? My Maxxis Holy Rollers have a few colours bits and I'd love to complete my all black look if possible. It seems like they kinda melted clear stickers on or something....Has anyone tried?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dan....

The DeeMax is a tubless wheel from Mavic. The tires I ordered were specific for tubless rims.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
freeriderizzle said:

freeriderizzle post the big pic of your avatar

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.