Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
And if not, why not?
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm a back in the pack expert xc racer with a kona hardtail. I'm an agressive singletrack lover, but I'm only about 155lbs. I have been a manitou man since the begining, and I need to update my flexi, retirement age mars c from 2000. Should I jump on one of the sweet skareb deals that will be everywhere now, or spend massive dollars on the new r7? I'm sure even the skareb would be a big improvement over my fork. I've never had a lockout, and I doubt I would use it much if I did. My geometry is set up for 80 mil, if that matters. I would consider a fox if the weight was competitive. I'm trying to avoid spending money on something that will make my race bike heavier. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
skareb

Don't know about the new Manitou but the current deals on the Skarebs are hard to pass up. Get a Skareb Super (get the lockout on the fork to keep the handlebar clutter down) or handlebar mounted if you need it. I have two Skarebs, an Expert without the lockout and the Super with a lockout. For a racer I'd think you'd need a lockout. Forget the Platinum. Too much money and I haven't heard the SPV really works that well. I know the Super with lockout does.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.