Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking at a Skareb 100 super leftover and the price is making me hungry. I was wondering what ride kit comes standard and also which kit would you recommend for a 180lber for xc racing?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rcharrette said:
What model year is it? I think 04 and above are air sprung (someone correct me if I'm wrong??). This would be designated by the absebce of "micro lube" ports on the fork legs.
It is an 05 Havent done my homework. Last Mani I had was an 02 mars.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All set, Im an owner.....thx

·
otb club member
2,938 Posts
Fisty said:
Im looking at a Skareb 100 super leftover and the price is making me hungry. I was wondering what ride kit comes standard and also which kit would you recommend for a 180lber for xc racing?
You've gotten some incomplete info here, Fisty. The Skareb line is air/coil spring. A small spring handles initial travel/sag and then the air piston takes over. Having the right coil spring makes a huge difference in small bump compliance. If your fork comes with a medium spring, which it is supposed to, then you will probably be OK, depending on your riding style. Note that, for some reason, the stock forks do not always come with a medium spring. I'll post some pics of the Skareb springs and their ratings in a few minutes.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I went to Manitou's site earlier and found that they do indeed still have springs. I like a slightly softer spring for most of races around my area so hopefully it does come with a medium rate. Thank alot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts