Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Skareb Lube

557 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Chris2fur 
#1 ·
After a long use, I replaced my Mars super with a Skereb super. I love the fork so far but want to know how to lube it. I so miss the grease ports on the Mars. I looked through the PDF quides on Manitou's website but it did not contain any info that I saw. Anyoone got any ideas?

#2 ·
Raymo853 said:
After a long use, I replaced my Mars super with a Skereb super. I love the fork so far but want to know how to lube it. I so miss the grease ports on the Mars. I looked through the PDF quides on Manitou's website but it did not contain any info that I saw. Anyoone got any ideas?
After tear down, inspection, cleaning, and partial re-assembly, The Skareb 2004 Service Manual says to inject 16cc of 5-40wt Semi bath oil into the hole at the bottom of each outer leg. The Manitou Semi-bath oil is a fully synthetic oil. I picked up a bottle of 5w-40 Amzoil synthetic for mine. The Skareb 2004 Service Manual is available from answerproducts.com.

-Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.