Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two forks that I purchase which I didnt plan that ..

I have a 04 Skareb Elite (3.2 lbs) that I got for 219 at jensonusa hoping it would be a SPV mistake as my firm Kit (30 bucks) going to arrive soon. (250 bucks spend)

and

I have a 03 Skareb Comp (is it 3.5 lbs) that I got for 140 bucks that I napped during performancebike clearance... here are the choices... (140 plus tax 5 bucks= 145 bucks)

Im not a weighting weight guy but I like the lockout on the COMP Model which i can use that during my trail rides. should I fork the 04 model back and get my 100 bucks to spend on new heatseat and seatpost and use the money other wise or should I keep the 04 model and ebay the 03 model to rebushsed the cost I lost....

I am not in a hurry, Im purchasing those so i can build my other bike for fun and use the other parts to make the sub bike...I cant get rid of my gary fisher Kaiti frame which is like 4 pounds unless I was mistaken on the website....

Advise...

·
Registered
209 Posts
"ohh, be careful w/ '03 RA, those arent very strong, especially on Skareb as i heard"

I think the defective brake arches were on the 03 oem Skareb Comps, not on their aftermarket forks or other models of the Skareb. It was probably a very early production run for the Skarebs. My '03 Skareb Super has been fine for over a year.

Ogre, you could try to install the lockout from your comp on your Elite. The Elite has an aluminum steerer tube and an air spring, which makes it lighter than the Comp. If the lockout is compatible you would basically have a Super, and you could sell the Comp on eBay with the part from the Elite. But I don't know if the '03 and '04 forks are compatible.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man, I would need your feedback about this one....

Let me know so that I can decide at some point.....

·
Registered
260 Posts
As far as I know, it was on all 2003 skarebs. If you have a 2004 already, I would without a doubt, say goodbye to the 2003. Not to mention, the 2004 Skareb is a better fork

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
decided to keep the 2004 model and get my kit which is arriving twm and put them together, I will ebay it for some kind of price to match the money that I lost ...

I

1 - 7 of 7 Posts