Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jut8 said:
That is an impressive weight, especially when you consider he has the command post on there! I want to hear more about the fork and the wheels. No brain shock? I'm surprised.
The fork is an SBC/RS Reba S29 with carbon crown/steerer from the epic 29er, converted to 120mm travel, the wheels are stock Roval Control 29ers with oversized 28mm endcaps that are drilled out for a DT RWS. The shock normally gets swapped back and forth between the triad and the brain.

·
Cassoulet forever !
2,260 Posts
nice customization.
But using the carbon crown with a longer travel (longuer lever) is pushing it a little...
You could use 20mm trough axle in the front, it really stiffen things up.

To bad this frame is not available with a 12mm axle in the back

·
Registered
104 Posts
xbrian said:
How'd you get that color option? Frame only? did you get the comp and have it painted?
i think the poster works for the big S.

nice ride....looks fun. i have been thinking of doing the same thing but can't decide between a epic 29 or stumpy fsr 29.

what size frame is that? weight is impressive!

·
Registered
459 Posts
any light you'd like to shed on the biggest differences bet the brain and triad? not interested in comments on smooth climbs and DH's - more interested in how they compare on sustained chunky stuff both up and down

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.