Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought new SJ Expert EVO carbon, after getting it home I noticed the frame at the headset, top tube, seat stay has some discoloration, blemish or blotchiness. It seems to be less noticeable in daylight. I called the Bike shop I got it from they say that's normal "raw" carbon. They have had customers in past ask same question. I posted my issue on specialized site, still waiting to here back. Thought I would ask here if anyone has the same issue. Doesn't seem right a bike at that price to have cosmetic issues. Any info is appreciated thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Your shop is right. Those are NOT blemishes, that is what happens when you make a bicycle out of carbon and only clear coat it. It's totally fine and personally I love the look. All of my carbon bikes, from S-Works Tarmac and Venge to my current 2014 Epic Marathon have that on the frames.

If you don't like it, buy a painted bike or don't buy carbon. Now get out and ride.

·
Registered
502 Posts
What makes me laugh about these kinds of posts is...wouldn't the buyer have done his homework first and seen that this is just what carbon bikes look like? Instead of right away blaming the manufacturer for "blemishes" that really are just how it is? Makes me shake my head.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.