Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Puro Vida!
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roll Call for SJ's Bike Party! I checked out East Bay's Ride last night-rode through streets of Oakland-different but same great vibe as San Jose's...just less riders but I think its growing. Lots of people dressed up according to the theme and lots of riders with bright bikes!
So San Jose's is this coming friday the 20th and start point is somewhere downtown. I'll be parking at my work's gated parking lot so I can let a few of you in if anyone needs somewhere to park...just PM me for info. This month's theme is Hot August Nights...and they are giving prizes to the best themed bikes...need to be there early to participate...
Dion your in-J? Anyone else? Sparky you coming down? One Speed?

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
I’ll be there. Not sure which bike I’ll be riding yet (29er or 24er), but I think I’ll be running most if not all of my lighting setups I’ve built, so there should be an excessive amount of light.

·
Puro Vida!
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dion-awesome! Leopold-looking foward to wearing my sunglasses at night! Melt-hope you can make it and Sparky-awesome and thanks for coming all the way the way to the Party! Its monday so we have 4 more days to go!

·
Puro Vida!
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool! sounds like we have a nice lil group going...plus hopefully Athothers will show with his double stack! Yup ride is starting somewhere downtown so we should find out details tomorrow evening-

·
Puro Vida!
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kill-there is plenty of free parking-last i checked if you go to sjbikeparty.com-i think thats the web site-they have a map listing the parking garages downtown-if you want you can im me-i can get a few people in where I park for work if you dont find anything-right across from the bus station and should be very close to the start and end of the ride.
Ilnacord-it was cool-way smaller crowd which is cool since not so much to worry about-the route was only about half as long as SJ's but seemed longer than it was. In Alameda a cop seemed like he was going to give us trouble...but after a few minutes whatever was happening-we got the green light...then right around the corner we were going through a downtown section...sorry I'm not familiar with the areas at all-and we came up on a DUI check point-and the coolest thing happened-saw female cop dancing to our music....then the other two male cops started swaying to the music and one pointed to us and gave us a thumbs up-way cool! We were rep'n the bay with some Mac Dre...so maybe they liked that? The other cool cops we've dealt with have been the Sunnyvale, MT. View and Palo Alto cops-they were all supportive and gave us props for towing Roll'n-

I don't know if I would recommend BART-stops at fremont and from I'm not sure if light rail is available to downtown-sorry. Also what time does BART stop running-BP here in San Jose can end anywhere from 1130 p.m. to 2 a.m.! If you could carpool I would say thats the best option...

So seems we have a good sized crowd plus the regulars I ride with-hopefully some people on the fence will come out and ride! This 'summer' weather may not last much longer, cool theme-I think lots of people are going to have some cool bikes out there and a contest for the most well lighted bike going on from 7pm-8pm before the ride---What's to loose? The route will be disclosed tonight-Also they'll be vendors selling food before and during the ride-

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm in!

I hit a couple minor road blocks as I was building up the tall bike last night, but I think tonight I will get everything sorted out.

Anyone have a 17 or 18 tooth freewheel they want to donate? Or a chain tensioner? Or riser bars?

I've even seen a tall bike with a chain wheel placed inside the chain close to the rear cog for chain tension. I'm going to need to get creative with this. I'll post more photos on the other thread tonight once everything is finalized.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.