Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
guidedbybicycles
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This might have been mentioned in other posts, but there's a few to look through here and I couldn't see it.

I saw a Fisher Rig the other day, and I wouldn't mind adding it to the stable. Only I'm not too familiar with 29ers, and I was wondering if the added wheel size changes the required frame size. I started riding on a Trek 4300, with a 19.5 inch frame. Would I go for the same size as that, or do I need to go smaller to make up for the wheels?

Thankyou.

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
A Trek 4300 has a fairly short Top Tube. You will definitely notice a difference between that and the rig, as the 4300 is designed as a recreational bike with a more upright position. I'd say get a 19.5 frame in the Rig, but be prepared for a slightly more agressive position (more stretched out).

·
guidedbybicycles
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rig size

Sorry to keep bugging you with this, but it's getting closer to purchase time, and I can't view any large bikes in shops here in Japan, let alone try riding one. I'm 6ft with a 34 inseam, do you think the 17.5 is ok, or go the 19 Rig?

·
Only dead people are old
712 Posts
ntj said:
Sorry to keep bugging you with this, but it's getting closer to purchase time, and I can't view any large bikes in shops here in Japan, let alone try riding one. I'm 6ft with a 34 inseam, do you think the 17.5 is ok, or go the 19 Rig?
I'm 5-ft 8-in and riding the 17.5 model very comfortably. I would say you would be better on the 19.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.