Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at selling off my monocog frame and picking up an inbred. I ride the 17" monocog, and really like the tt length. Looking at the geometry charts of both the 18" inbred is very similar though the st angle is 73deg vs the 72deg of the monocog. I'm 5'9" without shoes, and have a longer torso, hence why I favor longer top tubes. (BTW, when looking at sizing, is it with or without shoes?) Is there anything I'm missing or should the 18" inbred be ok?

Thanks for the advice,
Ken

·
Registered
180 Posts
You may also want to take a look to see that you have enough stand over on a 18". I'm 5'8" tall and I found that some of the bikes that I liked in the top tube length I couldn't comfortably stand over, or would want risk dismounting quickly off of. I know I didn't answer your questions, but I think it's something you should also consider when looking into a new frame.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
smoen81 said:
You may also want to take a look to see that you have enough stand over on a 18". I'm 5'8" tall and I found that some of the bikes that I liked in the top tube length I couldn't comfortably stand over, or would want risk dismounting quickly off of. I know I didn't answer your questions, but I think it's something you should also consider when looking into a new frame.
Standover is also the same on both frames.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.