Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! been a roadie for a while and wanted to jump into MTB! ...eyeing on the hightower 2021 but I am inbetween the size charts for L and XL. Shops dont have any to try on since the COVID measures.

I am 6ft 1" (185.5cm), inseams 33.5" (85.5cm) ...these were taken from a profession bike fit session so inseam would be accurate. Measured my armspan last night, roughly 6ft (183cm).

So far my research tells me an XL with maybe a 40mm stem, and the dropper post might need to change since my saddle height is on the shorter side due to my short legs.

But talking with a few MTB mates whom advised L, and also based on the RAD fitting (Lee McCormack's guide) I might even squeeze in for a M.

What are the general thoughts?

·
Registered
15,301 Posts
Looking at the reach numbers of 473 for L and 493 for XL plus the wheelbase of the bike I'd pick a L.
But you are getting 150/145mm travel designed for steep and rocky terrain. Lesser stuff won't be as fun with that much travel. Ask your friends to let you try out some bikes so you can get a feel for things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.