Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 5' 6" @ 200lbs right now:eek: (hopefully can get back to 170:D ). I had a Trek 930 back in the days with a 16.5" frame... With the FS bikes, do u normally go a smaller size frame to compensate for the suspension since it'll be raised a bit? My top choices right now are between the Iron Horse Warrior, Ibex Apogee, or the '05 Giant Reign 3 goin for $999 clearance at Wheel World.

·
I live to bike
2,450 Posts
most fs bikes have a dropped top tube for extra clearance. effective top tube length is more important than seat tube length or clearance. If the 16.5 Trek was comfortable, try whichever has a similar effective top tube length. (effective top tube is what is important, not actual top tube length) you don't want to get too small a frame, because you will feel cramped.
My personal choice would be the Reign. I have one and love it. and it has the dropped down tube for extra clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.