Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posting for a friend. he just got a 2003 MC rumble in a medium size. what really is the size of this frame, like 16 inches ? 17 inches ? he wants it for a trail/AM/park DJ bike. so we think it might actually be too big of a frame for that use ?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
todd_freeride said:
posting for a friend. he just got a 2003 MC rumble in a medium size. what really is the size of this frame, like 16 inches ? 17 inches ? he wants it for a trail/AM/park DJ bike. so we think it might actually be too big of a frame for that use ?
The seat tube length is about 17" on the medium Rumble. Unless he's under 5'-5" or so, it should be fine. I'd choose the small size for dirt jumping though, with the only drawback being that some people hit their feet when spinning the bars.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TWISTED said:
The seat tube length is about 17" on the medium Rumble. Unless he's under 5'-5" or so, it should be fine. I'd choose the small size for dirt jumping though, with the only drawback being that some people hit their feet when spinning the bars.
yea, he's 6'1" and used to ride a porter...and that was a freaking small frame, he's actually more worried about it not being flickable or as nimble as his old porter.

·
Deadhead
367 Posts
I've had two medium Rumbles and I'm about 6'2". Your buddy should be fine with a 45-65mm stem on it. It's supposed to be a 23" effective toptube. The headtube is really tall so keep that in mind when picking front end parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.