Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 17" 6Point has a 22" TT, but then uses a layback seatpost to gain a more 'normal' TT length. I'm just trying to understand, but does the steep seat angle essentially create a long 'front-centre' that has to be reduced with the affect of a layback seatpost?

If I didn't want to ride with a layback seatpost, would the seat post angle actually be too steep? How would this affect my ride? Would the front-centre length be too long and unweildy for someone of my height? 5'9".

Another manufacturer, Devinci uses an even steep seat angle (74degrees), but still quotes TT lengths as per normal? Surely this would give an even great 'front-centre' length.

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Bug74 said:
The 17" 6Point has a 22" TT, but then uses a layback seatpost to gain a more 'normal' TT length. I'm just trying to understand, but does the steep seat angle essentially create a long 'front-centre' that has to be reduced with the affect of a layback seatpost?

If I didn't want to ride with a layback seatpost, would the seat post angle actually be too steep? How would this affect my ride? Would the front-centre length be too long and unweildy for someone of my height? 5'9".

Another manufacturer, Devinci uses an even steep seat angle (74degrees), but still quotes TT lengths as per normal? Surely this would give an even great 'front-centre' length.

Cheers in advance.
Not sure about the front-centre length. I am 5'8" and ride a large 6point. I used to have a medium and felt a little cramped. I run a 50mm stem though. And no layback post.
Of course the fit will change if you change your post height often, I do for climbs and descents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.