Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
The recommended stand over heights are 27.9 in-Small, 28.6 in-Medium, 30.7 in-Large, 32.7 in-XLarge.

You could ride either size quite comfortably, but it would come down to personal preference, since you fall in between sizes of frames. I personally would go with the medium but thats because Im used to riding slightly larger frames rather than slightly smaller frames. Best bet is to take a ride down to you local niner dealer if you have one or if you know individuals with niners in those two sizes, and have a little spin/fitting done.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
I know what you mean..

shocklarock1 said:
I'm just shy of 5'8" with a 30" inseam. Should I get a small or medium SIR 9?
Im 5' 8.5"s with a 31.25" inseam in ny riding shoes. keep in mind that using a seatpost with no offset and a shorter stem you could ride the larger frame. If things work out and im able to afford a MCR soon its going to be a medium.

·
Where's Toto?
1,188 Posts
Keep in mind the Niners have a lot of slope to the top tube. I am 6' tall with a 35-inch inseam. Looking at Niner's sizing charts I could go with either a medium or a large. I bought my first - a Sir9 when they first came out in a size large. It fit great. When the Air9 came out I decided to go with the medium, as it's my race bike, to save a few ozs. Seattube on the medium wasn't long enough. Thanks to the boys at Niner I was able to swap the medium for a large and I'm happy as can be. Sooooooooooo - long story short. Niner's customer service is excellent. If you have any doubts give them a call or drop them an email and they'll get you hooked up with the sizing help you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.