Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cactuscorn said:
its here! its sweet! its parked till the ice melts!

squish and 2 other pals came over to help put the finishing touches on the old mans RFX/Pack/Spot/whateverthehellitis. im so stoked its hard to say just how stoked i am! huge-mega-giant thanx to dt, jared, greg and all the rest at turner bikes for puttin in the effort for me. thanx to olympic powder coat for the excelent color. and thanx to you guys for helpin me make it happen. its simply beautiful. how beautiful? check these pics out!
Either I am blind or there ain't no pics so be seen here!!! :mad: :p

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
its here! its sweet! its parked till the ice melts!

squish and 2 other pals came over to help put the finishing touches on the old mans RFX/Pack/Spot/whateverthehellitis. im so stoked its hard to say just how stoked i am! huge-mega-giant thanx to dt, jared, greg and all the rest at turner bikes for puttin in the effort for me. thanx to olympic powder coat for the excelent color. and thanx to you guys for helpin me make it happen. its simply beautiful. how beautiful? check these pics out!

·
12,942 Posts
excellent!

Bikezilla said:
Nice pix...who took them Stevie Wonder?:p
the proper response from the right guy has been achieved! that was all for you zilla my friend! my comp is still, STILL in the shop so i cant do pics yet. squish was over and shot a few dozen so those should be up very soon. im sure hes cropping as we speak. hang tight guys. its a commin!

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cactuscorn said:
the proper response from the right guy has been achieved! that was all for you zilla my friend! my comp is still, STILL in the shop so i cant do pics yet. squish was over and shot a few dozen so those should be up very soon. im sure hes cropping as we speak. hang tight guys. its a commin!
*Slams beer down on computer desk* Why you little pipsqueak those pics better be up soon other wise I am going to go to bed!!!!! :mad:

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
I warned you about your pictureless teasers didn't I?
I'm gonna lock you in a room with Steve, Jayem and a 3-way coffee I.V.

Here, this will help sucker some more people... I hate being the only one fooled.

Attachments

·
12,942 Posts
the spec:

as shown above in 5" mode....

'02 RFX front, '05 six pack rear 18" frame in custom "blue streak" powder coat w/ custom turner hydro line guides
'04 ava damper
5 spot rockers modified for the ava shrader valve
fsa the pig dh h/set
'01 z 1 ecc w/ '02 dirt jumper grafix (might have to repaint it black or blue. i cant handle the red. makes me think of that '97 dbr v link pro.)
100mm thomson elite stem
azonic dh h/bar 2" rise 14 deg sweep
odi ruffian lock on grips
thomson elite s/post
wtb power v ti seat (may swap for wtb shadow ti saving .25lbs)
salsa flip off s/post qr
hayes mag xc brakes
avid clean sweep rotors 6" / 8"
xtr 952 cranks w/ xtr 4 bolt compact spyder
xtr 952 b/bkt
bontrager race lite 22/32 rings
e 13 bash guard
crank bros mallet m pedals
x 9 d der
x gen f der
990 chain
990 cassette
bontrager 4mm housing w/ alloy ferrells
dura ace der cables
lizard skins chainstay protector (might go black?)
xt r hub
woodman bill f hub
bontrager mustang disc tubeless rims 32 hole
dt comp spokes and alloy nipples
tioga dh route 66 tires (might go kenda blue groove/nevegal soon and save 1.5lbs)
still need to do the clear protective tape thing on the frame too. cant mess up the purty blue paint just yet!

thats about it. the 6" bike might be done by thurs night if the paypal transfer goes down. i ride it on thurs am if the weather holds out for us so ill give a lame ride report then. hope the pc is back by then too.

·
12,942 Posts
thanx jnc!

and i thought you didnt like me. good to see than not only am i wrong, as usual, but my "gnats nards" is startin to catch on. guess i owe ya thanx for that too as yer the one who made it popular. honestly though, i appriciate the post and the chance to express opinions with ya.

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Thanks for reposting those JNC, it looks like I was posting those as Cactus was making a new thread. Wheee.

Got one more for tonight, then I gotta turn in.

Even Odus was excited. Gotta love the old Turner shirt.</a>

happy trails...

squish

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
cactuscorn said:
and i thought you didnt like me. good to see than not only am i wrong, as usual, but my "gnats nards" is startin to catch on. guess i owe ya thanx for that too as yer the one who made it popular. honestly though, i appriciate the post and the chance to express opinions with ya.
...no problemo! Didn't like you? Harhar! Dude, you crack me up! You're a very welcome ( not to mention needed) addition to the Homer nation IMHO!

PS-That's one fine lookin' Smurf you got there! ;)

·
12,942 Posts
smurf! now thats funny! glad were cool jnc. it warms my old cold heart. and im glad i can help ya laugh at times. its a good thing.

thanx for that last pic squishy my friend. odus makes me smile. think hell have a good time chasin the SPaaNB down the trail like he does tina, ike and homey slice? yeah, me too. good boy!

·
12,942 Posts
long winded old man w/ long housing

just a thought. it occured to me that at one point someones gonna blast me for the extra long housing and hydro lines in back. its a intended move so i can go to 6" mode and back without redoin all the lines each time. like most things in life, its a compromise.

·
83 feet less per minute
729 Posts
CC, how do you like the Mallets? Can you really ride unlocked during sketchy sections of trail? Thinking about getting a pair for occasional use instead of my eggbeaters.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
duuude, no nickle bag, thats sooo uncool.

Thats a real MB there cactus, love the old school Hayes brakes and XTR crankset. I finished my first big bike project myself earlier this fall and I love the bike, it's not a Turner but it's pretty darn sweet and I'm running some circa 2000 Hayes brakes(work like a champ) and an XTR setup like yours. Love the color too! Enjoy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.