Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well kiddies. the wait is pretty much over as both versions of the bike are all but done. only thing left is the front hub spacers from hope. finished it up today and it looks bad ass. just waitin for the first ride when the snow melts and who knows when that will be.

i took some pics of both travel formats today but i need to warn you the color is still kinda piss poor in these and not a great representation of how nice the "blue streak" powder coat looks. now if you will all take yer seats and close yer text books, we will start with the Nickel Bag. if yer good ill show ya a nice pic of the custom hydro guides. rea...... billy! shush! ............. ready class? lights!

well children. we seem to be having a problem with the projector. so instead of losing this witty monolog, ill reboot and brb with a new projector from the av dorks, i mean dept.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Oh you gotta be freakin kidding me!
Somewhere out west there's this goofy dude with silly hat goin' "Naaa naaa! Made you look!":D

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im back. damn those idiots in av! they wanted i.d. of all things! im a teacher here dammit! i.d. my ass! woops, sorry kids. i guess i got a little carried away. now if billy will shut up and sit back down we can get on with the picture show. all plugged in sebastian? good little av boy. lights!

Attachments

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
I meant to ask, what does "SPAANB" mean? And I still can't quite make out that sticker.

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
next reel sebastian. hurry upor youll be spending resess in the closet again!

i added the 3rd pic so you can get a better idea of the true color. most of you have seen it already. ill post again with the specs of both builds.

Attachments

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dear zilla. this time i wasnt tryin to get to ya pal. the upload wasnt workin so i needed to reboot the pc. sorry for the piss off.

SPaaNB: Six Pack and a NIckle Bag. part Pack, part Spot. get it? good.

the sticker says "honor thy parents for they wil pay for thine bike". its a old diamond back stiker ive been keepin for a special occasion even though i did this bike on my own. well there was dads bday check in oct but never you mind that.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Aaaaa! thx...and I was just about to ask about when the 66 was going on... I better put the coffee down.

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the builds:

heres the spec for the Nickle Bag. note its changed a bit from the other day.

'02 RFX front, '05 six pack rear 18" frame in custom "blue streak" powder coat w/ custom turner hydro line guides
'04 ava damper
5 spot rockers modified for the ava shrader valve
fsa the pig dh h/set
'01 z 1 ecc w/ '02 dirt jumper grafix
100mm thomson elite stem
azonic dh h/bar 2" rise 14 deg sweep
odi ruffian lock on grips
thomson elite s/post
Serfas kevlar ti seat
salsa flip off s/post qr
hayes mag xc brakes
avid clean sweep rotors 160mm/185mm
xtr 952 cranks w/ xtr 4 bolt compact spyder
xtr 952 b/bkt
bontrager race lite 22/32 rings
e 13 bash guard
crank bros eggbeater pedals
x 9 d der
x gen f der
990 chain
990 cassette
bontrager 4mm housing w/ alloy ferrells
dura ace der cables
lizard skins chainstay protector (might go black?)
xt r hub w/ xt qr
woodman bill f hub w/ bontrager race lite qr
bontrager mustang disc tubeless rims 32 hole
dt comp spokes and alloy nipples
maxxis minion dh dhf 2.35 tires

projected weight: 32 lbs. actual weight: 32.5 lbs even

********************************************************************************************************

and the Six Pack spec:

'02 RFX front, '05 six pack rear 18" frame in custom "blue streak" powder coat w/ custom turner hydro line guides
'06 DHX coil damper
six pack rockers
fsa the pig dh h/set
'05 66 rc fork
100mm thomson elite stem
azonic dh h/bar 2" rise 14 deg sweep
odi ruffian lock on grips
syncros s/post
wtb power v ti seat
salsa flip off s/post qr
hayes mag xc brakes
hope 185mm f rotor
hayes 160mm r rotor (may go with a avid clean sweep 185)
xtr 952 cranks w/ xtr 4 bolt compact spyder
xtr 952 b/bkt
bontrager race lite 22/32 rings
e 13 bash guard (may do a dbl ring chain guide)
crank bros mallet m pedals
x 9 d der
x gen f der
990 chain
990 cassette
bontrager 4mm housing w/ alloy ferrells
dura ace der cables
lizard skins chainstay protector (might go black?)
xt r hub
hope big un f hub
mavic 521 rims 36 hole
dt comp spokes and brass nipples
kenda blue groove 2.5 f tire
kenda nevegal 2.5 r tire

target weight: sub 40 lbs. actual weight: 38.5 even. well i bounced between 38.3 and 38.7 so i split the diff and called it good.

so thats that. now i need some dry ground and a starting point for all these boingy bits i need to dial in. looks like its time do search the forums again. i had it all saved but my pc moron didnt save my documents when he reformated my drive this week. nice huh? can ya call a pc repair guy a hack or is that bad juju?

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Hey, one of those pics you took with my camera this afternoon caught the color really nicely.

The blue is really close, but the rest of it looks kinda magenta. Wish I still had photo shop, grrrr, I hate having to reformat, and not being able to get all the programs back. Ah well.

happy trails...

squish

Attachments

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah! thats the money baby! nice shot. i want one of those billion pixle digi cams for my own. ya know guys, krissmiss is only a few weeks away and i spent all my money on these bikes to entertain ya and all so i was just thinkin that if ya wanted to and it was cool and all and no one minded or anything and ya had the cash and the wife said it was ok to blow off the kids and her this year so you could all do somethin really nice for this old man with a big mouth and 3 really nice turners but a crappy 1.3 mp digi cam that cant take a decent shot of all these sweet bike ya keep askin to see never mind all the time it takes me to set up a shot then sent it through mt pic program to crop it and size it to fit mtbrs rules and all, well it would be a nice gift, dont ya think?

ps: great shot of the cable guides!

·
1,575 Posts
cactuscorn said:
oh yeah! thats the money baby! nice shot. i want one of those billion pixle digi cams for my own. ya know guys, krissmiss is only a few weeks away and i spent all my money on these bikes to entertain ya and all so i was just thinkin that if ya wanted to and it was cool and all and no one minded or anything and ya had the cash and the wife said it was ok to blow off the kids and her this year so you could all do somethin really nice for this old man with a big mouth and 3 really nice turners but a crappy 1.3 mp digi cam that cant take a decent shot of all these sweet bike ya keep askin to see never mind all the time it takes me to set up a shot then sent it through mt pic program to crop it and size it to fit mtbrs rules and all, well it would be a nice gift, dont ya think?

ps: great shot of the cable guides!
Cannon Powershot A95, it's not an SLR but it works pretty well. 5 megapixel, right aroun $300.00 or so. Though for the money now you could probably get something a little nicer.

Hey you took the pic, it should be pretty decent. :D

happy trails...

squish

·
1,575 Posts
cactuscorn said:
hey squish. ive got photoshop 6.0 w/ the serial #. want some?
certainly, beats the hell out of what I've got right now.

hook me up.

happy trails...

squish

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
waddaya want from a guy who cant spell? upside down, rightside up, its all cheesecake to me. i dont know what that meant. beer please and hurry! but hey ss, at least i can use a dremmel tool.

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
woof! pant. wag.

the closest thing to dirt im gonna get on this thing anytime soon is to tie it to the bumper of my truck and tailgate a semi down a slimed out, sanded up highway. im so screwed!

·
1,575 Posts
okay had to do it. downloaded a demo of photo shop cs2 and touched up that pic some. got it even closer than before. What a nice color eh??

happy trails...

squish

Attachments

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
take it down a cpl more shades and ya might have it. still a tad light. cool of ya to play with the pics like that. thanx pal.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,918 Posts
so the 66 is a 150?
I think that's the first time a setup like that has been posted here.
Can you post the BB height for us?

looks like you guys need one of those indoor freeride parks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts