Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to take a ride there this weekend. Has anyone been there in the past few days that can tell me what the trails are like after all the rain.?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Six Mile Questions

I plan on going there today. Can someone let me know best route / trail to follow and if I should worry about hunters? I plan to be there about 3:00 PM. My first time as I am used to the rocky technical trails in North Jersey and was looking for a little diversion from the rocks.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on going there today. Can someone let me know best route / trail to follow and if I should worry about hunters? I plan to be there about 3:00 PM. My first time as I am used to the rocky technical trails in North Jersey and was looking for a little diversion from the rocks.

Thanks,
Rob
Here's a JORBA map of Six Mile Run. You could download and print if you like. I love Six Mile but it has a downside in that it is kind of an out and back ride. I usually park at the trail head where the blue starts, pick up the red to the end. On the way back I take the orange(known as the twistys), then back onto the red to the end. From the parking lot onto the white, a small bit of the red onto the blue and back to my car. The trail colors are very well marked.

I have seen the occasional bow hunter near the Jaques Ln. parking but have never heard of any problems. So wear bright colors just in case, if you are concerned.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks. Rode it today.

Thank you. I actually started from Rt 27 at red, rode around orange twice, rode white and blue and back. It was really nice. My 8 year old joined me and he absolutely loved it. It is a really beautiful ride and it is obvious riders / trail builders take great pride in this park. The trails where immaculate and the different changes in scenery was cool. I live in north jersey and it was also a really nice break from the rocks.

Here's a JORBA map of Six Mile Run. You could download and print if you like. I love Six Mile but it has a downside in that it is kind of an out and back ride. I usually park at the trail head where the blue starts, pick up the red to the end. On the way back I take the orange(known as the twistys), then back onto the red to the end. From the parking lot onto the white, a small bit of the red onto the blue and back to my car. The trail colors are very well marked.

I have seen the occasional bow hunter near the Jaques Ln. parking but have never heard of any problems. So wear bright colors just in case, if you are concerned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.