Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
i don't think it gets any bigger (for the time being) than my Kenda Nevegals. they are a bit tight for mud, but otherwise they fit fine.

G

·
i have placed WW's right next to my Nevegals (side by side comparison between my bike and Aquaholics Jones) and they are not any bigger. if you aren't riding in mud, you should have plenty of room.

G

·
mounted up my WW's for a ride tomorrow.

these tires are not light. they are 770g, same weight as the kenda nevegals with 1/4 the knob height. they do look fast and i hope to be able to run lower pressures than the nevegals, they should roll much faster.

the WW's fit fine on the SIR9, no issues with clearance for dry climes, although there isn't much mud clearance if you are riding mud.

a surprise for the day was when i was mounting up the front tire. i decided to try the new specialized resolution tire up front as it looks like a good rolling and cornering front. when i weighed it it came in at 680g. pretty light for a decent sized tire with real knobs, more than 80g per tire lighter than the nevegals or the WW.

i did try weighing an ignitor to compare to, but the only one i have is one that was run with stans and has a sidewall tear from some abuse the wife put it through. the ignitor was 700g. i think they are probably lighter without stans dried into it though.

just figured some good info on the tires wouldnt hurt. i anticipate the new combo to work pretty good tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.