Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Niner try's to listen to its customers input,good and bad so am letting them no I want a sir in almost any color except rootbeer or gold. Rootbeer/brown reminds me to much of specialized colors and you have to be Paolo Bettini to ride gold. Please make a niner color available.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Great idea. I'd like to get a SIR9 but not in the colors available right now. I like white but orange is my favorite.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm heading towards an MCR because I don't think I'll use the SS, but I'd love somethings other than 70's colors RB and Gold.

I've had red, neon pink, gray, white, black, purple, gun metal, and several combo color bikes.

I'd love a bike in a nice blue around the color of the sky just before dawn. How about a charcoal metallic?

As it stands, I will probably not wait until new colors are available. I was heading for RB, but it seems everyone else is too, so now I'm letting the concept of gold w/ blacked out parts grow on me.

·
Where's Toto?
1,188 Posts
I saw the white Air9 and Jet9 and I'm sold. The paint on my Sir9 is starting to wear. If I repaint it'll likely be white. If I was buying new, a white one would be 1st choice. I'd also consider a cream-city off white; since Niner already has white in the pallet, may be too close. Also nice would be a pearl white.

·
4 Niners
2,124 Posts
I would like to see the reverse of the Kermit Jet 9. Use the red of the "9" for the bike color and use the Kermit color for the "9" with the white lettering just like the Jet9.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Man, I like the gold a lot. I've had a tang, currently on a Kermit, and looking forward to Frank sending me my new root beer next week (right Frank?!). I like that they change it up frequently.
c

·
2,811 Posts
Buster said:
I am really close to pulling the trigger on a gold MCR...more pics please.
Here are some more pics. FYI this production run is 70% gone and sold way faster than expected. We will be shipping frames by Friday of next week (2/20)

Brett
Niner Bikes

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
Brett, is there another production run after this if it should sell out? Not sure how your mfg versus inventory replenishment works. I am definitely going to get one, but probably need to pay income and property taxes first! I don't want to find I'm SOL until next year!

·
2,811 Posts

·
2,811 Posts
cycleboy said:
Brett, is there another production run after this if it should sell out?

Yes, but we are probably 90 days out.

I have a number of dealers stocking these so just email me with size/color you want when you are ready.

Wait until you see the new Bio-Centric BB and carbon fork painted to match :eek:

Cheers,

Brett

·
Registered
315 Posts
Jeez, nobody has mentioned Hot Tamale Red yet?

I was sooo disappointed to learn last year when I was buying my SIR9 that they were all gone AND 'wouldn't be back for '09....ended up having to settle for Tang. It is a nice lookin' bike and I've gotten used to it, but oh, that red...

Maybe Niner should start a premium color service; I know some other folks do it. There are probably enough bling whores out here to justify it...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The rootbeer is an amazing color as well. I have a root beer MCR and originally thought it was going to be kind of blah. When you get the frame out in the sun it really shines.

That said I think a midnight/darker metallic blue would be great... but then again I'm a bit obsessed with blue. What we really need is a niner Ti frame the color of Ti...

·
Registered
119 Posts
lambo said:
I know that Niner try's to listen to its customers input,good and bad so am letting them no I want a sir in almost any color except rootbeer or gold. Rootbeer/brown reminds me to much of specialized colors and you have to be Paolo Bettini to ride gold. Please make a niner color available.

I have to agree with the OP. When I got my 2009 Niner catalog I was thoroughly disappointed with all of the boring colors being offered. Getting a SIR in rootbeer is a lot like ordering a Ferrari in beige - it should be against the law.

For the record, my MCR is tang and my RIP is Kermit Green - obviously I like a little color. I am just hoping that by the time I need my next bike the color options will have moved away from the current drab and boring.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
rshughes said:
I have to agree with the OP. When I got my 2009 Niner catalog I was thoroughly disappointed with all of the boring colors being offered. Getting a SIR in rootbeer is a lot like ordering a Ferrari in beige - it should be against the law.

For the record, my MCR is tang and my RIP is Kermit Green - obviously I like a little color. I am just hoping that by the time I need my next bike the color options will have moved away from the current drab and boring.
Have you actually seen the root beer color?

IMO I'm not a big fan of overstated colors like kermit and orange that scream 'look at me' or 'steal me'. Also, if I had a choice I'd order a ferrari in blue or even black.. definitely not the run of the mill red. Can't keep everyone happy all the time, but I'm never against more color options.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts