Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of September 6, the Forest Service has re-opened Siouxon Creek Trail. The trailheads are no longer accessible by car. The 5701 road has been gated at the junction of road 57. Not much of a problem for riders, but now it means a 6+ mile round trip for hikers to even reach the creek. This may cut down on hiker use making it a better MTB ride.

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a new Voice Over Trail Reviews about this, including some before fire and after fire footage from a recent ride / trail work day.
Nice review video. Interesting that his take on there being less hiker interest due to the big bump in mileage plus elevation gain matches mine.

The overuse in spring and early summer of 2020 was no exaggeration. I gave up riding it at that time as it was just no fun with the near constant stream of hikers. Last time I tried, there were over 70 cars in the parking area and along the road. When I hiked it a couple days ago there were just 4 cars at the new gate.

· Registered
14,400 Posts
They are WAY cracking down on use/overuse on that side of the Gifford Pinchot. Typically not a fan of "the man" but it was sorely needed and it's definitely working. I didn't even bother with a bunch of stuff over there last year it was so crazy. This year was like a time machine for the crowds. Had a hard time wrapping my head around where in the hell they all came from but I certainly don't miss all the trash and the s*** show. I reckon next year will be even better as a lot of them probably got the hint.

On the flip side I saw way more people up on the 44's zone this spring. Like orders of magnitude more than I've ever seen.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.