Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was talk of someone starting a Singular pic thread ... so I figured I'd jump in and make it happen...

This morning at the trailhead I ran into Dave (SlowerthenSnot I believe) and his fixed Singular Gryphon... so here's an unusual site: 2 Singular's at a Colorado trailhead (Shinglemill Trail @Buffalo Creek).

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CB2 said:
But I love that rigid fork! Looking forward to being able to use it again (but honestly I'm kind of digging the squishy fork right now).
Yeah, I can't even imagine changing back ... that Fox is a dream!

Nice Jersey... you get that from Sam or does Marty have 'em? PM me.

S

·
Registered
51 Posts
great pics guys,

ive been running mine with drop bars and love it,i can ride nearly everything the same as my other bikes but i keep geeting back ache so want to try some salsa moto bars and maybe some sus forks,

just want to hear if anyone else has made the change and how it felt,
what length stem,what forks 100/80mm
and any reviews on flat bars.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been interested in buying a Singular for a long time due to the geometry and generous head-tube length, but can't now seem to find the company's US site. Can someone help a brother out and forward the link?

Also, is there any reason to be scared of the eccentric? Does it creak? Any other weak links? Are the tubes prepped with frame saver?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
jaredbadams said:
I've been interested in buying a Singular for a long time due to the geometry and generous head-tube length, but can't now seem to find the company's US site. Can someone help a brother out and forward the link?

Also, is there any reason to be scared of the eccentric? Does it creak? Any other weak links? Are the tubes prepped with frame saver?

Thanks!
Marty is the US dealer. No US site.
http://theprairiepeddler.blogspot.com/
No issues with the eccentric. Like any EBB they enjoy it when you use a torque wrench to adjust. You must prep your own frame.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lock71 said:
great pics guys,

ive been running mine with drop bars and love it,i can ride nearly everything the same as my other bikes but i keep geeting back ache so want to try some salsa moto bars and maybe some sus forks,

just want to hear if anyone else has made the change and how it felt,
what length stem,what forks 100/80mm
and any reviews on flat bars.
I'm running flat bars (w/ Ergon's w/ bar ends) and a 100mm 6* stem - just switched from a Monkey-lite lo-rise which had a flipped 6* stem, and it seems pretty darn comfy... I may take a small spacer out just to drop it a few mm.

As for fork - I've got a Fox F29 at 100mm and the bike is a dream! I rode rigid on a few bikes - and even this one for a bit - but I'm 45 years old and I can do more with the Fox and ride much longer ...

Good luck!
S

1 - 20 of 523 Posts