Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick post from the coffee shop /Maximum Information Superhighway Access Point Place (MISHAPP)

the 'Fest is rockin. Lots of SS'ers in town on 26 & 29 incher. Took the rigid out on the 18 Road trails with a huge (35+) group of riders yesterday. Loved it. Hard. Met some good MTBR peeps. KgB Rules! Super nice guy - wrenches at the LBS. Screampint made me a nice cap this morning. Me and Pete arm-wrestled for MTBR bragging rights at a party. We called it a tie, then we hugged (shoulders, not waist, with a safety buffer at the crotch).

Photos that I snuck onto the rental pc:

1) Jeff from Splitlip Rayfield rocks the singlestring gastank bass.
2.) Nothing like lining up for a little cruise with the Luna Chix team. "Hey gals - wait up". *gasp*
3) CRC's Hurl and Kelly gear up the Surlys for a ride.
4) Singletrack rollercoaster.

gotta run, my cappuccino's ready.
HW

Attachments

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Wow, wish I could be there!

Looks like you're having a great time, Jeff. I'm sure it's a festive mood out there. I met Troy (screampint's hubbie) at Sea Otter. Seems like a really cool guy and he was pretty excited, (albeit a little overwhelmed) with the planning of all the festivities. Looks like it's all playing out well.

You planning on SSWC 05?

Over and out,
Kyle

·
Cracker-magnon
1,153 Posts
Hollywood said:
Quick post from the coffee shop /Maximum Information Superhighway Access Point Place (MISHAPP)

gotta run, my cappuccino's ready.
HW
Hope that ca-pook-ino treated you o.k. ;) looks like you are having a great time....maybe too good. Just watch those rental 'puters... they can give you some bad things :D Me, I am getting fat and slow. Maybe I will get back on the bike again now that I finished 2 weeks of antibiotics.

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
goodness

loved seeing the bike in person! Loved having you & Jason make killer coffee! Loved being drunk in your front yard.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=895781#post895781

xoxo
HW Jeff

screampint said:
Thanks for dropping in and introducing yourself. I was pretty happy to show off my bike, maybe someday I'll be able to ride again during the FFTF.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Hummm.....

Hollywood said:
Loved being drunk in your front yard.
I suspect we rubbed shoulders more than once. Actually, the best way to identify me would have been my company. I was hanging out with Julie (wearing the "We're all whores" sweatshirt and Michelle (wearing the brown cowgirl hat with the Surly sticker on it).

Ken

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Hollywood said:
1) Jeff from Splitlip Rayfield rocks the singlestring gastank bass.
run, my cappuccino's ready.
HW
Damn does Jeff ride? Been watching him play for years at Walnut Valley Festival and other venues as Splitlip and Scroat Belly.

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ofs

One F%&#ing String!

he would occasionaly re-wrap his fingers with some sort of heavy clear tape. Listening to him you have no idea that its just one string. Crazy.

singlestrings rule,
HW

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Yeah he and all the other folk that played in Scroat Belly were incredible musicians. Scroat Belly had all these crazy friggin speed metal bluegrass songs about gin and hillbillys The guys would play all over the midwest at these hole in the wall bars (ever been to Kirby's Beer Store?) with each song getting faster and faster and faster. They had a west coast tour before eventually breaking up becoming Splitlip and another band (what the h3ll was/is their name?). Would be cool to ride with Jeff.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jeffro's bikes...

jasonb said:
Yeah he and all the other folk that played in Scroat Belly were incredible musicians. Scroat Belly had all these crazy friggin speed metal bluegrass songs about gin and hillbillys The guys would play all over the midwest at these hole in the wall bars (ever been to Kirby's Beer Store?) with each song getting faster and faster and faster. They had a west coast tour before eventually breaking up becoming Splitlip and another band (what the h3ll was/is their name?). Would be cool to ride with Jeff.
Here's a link to Jeff's page with a few of his FRO cycles creations.It was posted on the SLR forum a while back. (yes, I am a huge split lip and scroat belly fan.)

:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.