Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be vacationing with the family at Treasure Lake in June. I'd like to get some mountain biking in while I'm there, but last time I wasn't able to find anything too local. Can anyone suggest some trails within 30 minutes of treasure lake? Thanks.

·
The White Jeff W
5,712 Posts
Not much around there from the looks of it. If you can do a day trip you're less than two hrs from Jakes Rocks, Raystown Lake and Rothrock, all excellent destinations. I know there's tons of hiking trails in the nearby Moshannon State Forest but I dont know what MTB access there is. Hopefully someone local will chime in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thats kind of what I'm finding too, but I know there's got to be some hidden gems in the area. Treasure lake is less than 2 hours from our house, so a 2 hour day trip (when im supposed to be spending time with the family) is probably unlikely. I can always bring the road bike, but id rather be in the woods.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You might want to check out the Rockton Mountain Trails just outside of Clearfield, (about 16 miles from Treasure Lake) and also the trails around Black Moshannon State Park and the surrounding Moshannon State Forest near Philipsburg. (further away...45 or so miles)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.