Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,344 Posts
Thrown back a few on brewery gulch but not sure about any riding nearby. There's a few in Sierra Vista.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Dirt Head said:
I have never ridden any trails south of Tucson. I'm planning a trip to Patagoina to ride but I also wanted to check out Bisbee. Has anyone ridden there?
Not sure about Bisbee but check out kentucky camp in the santa ritas. You can make it easy and short or painful and long.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I live there

Dirt Head said:
I have never ridden any trails south of Tucson. I'm planning a trip to Patagoina to ride but I also wanted to check out Bisbee. Has anyone ridden there?
When are you going to be there? I would be very willing to share my "secret stash"(hard to find without a local) of singletrack. There's not tons of trails, but what's there is very worth riding. A good climb, followed by a nice ridgeline singletrack above and around town, with great views. It is somewhat technical with a couple of trialsy sections. There is also a lot of good riding in Sierra Vista not in any books, but with a willing guide you'd be good to go. Let me know.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry for exhuming this thread...

... but I'll be spending a significant amount of time in Bisbee over the next few months for work. Is skidmark still around? His last post is 16 months ago. Any new info? I've ridden the stuff in the Huachucas, as well as Cochise Stronghold, but due to the nature of the job, I'll have at most a couple hours of daylight following work to get some riding in, hours I'd rather not spend in the car heading to Sierra Vista.

If need be, I'll go into crazy roadie mode and do repeats up Mule Pass, but I'd rather hear the crunch of Arizona gravel under my tires. ;-)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Have you checked with the guys at Sun n Spokes in Sierra Vista. A few years back I rode a pretty sweet trail above Bisbee (Northeast ridge) with one of the locals but couldn't tell you how to find it.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
justinb said:
Sorry for exhuming this thread...

... but I'll be spending a significant amount of time in Bisbee over the next few months for work. Is skidmark still around? His last post is 16 months ago. Any new info? I've ridden the stuff in the Huachucas, as well as Cochise Stronghold, but due to the nature of the job, I'll have at most a couple hours of daylight following work to get some riding in, hours I'd rather not spend in the car heading to Sierra Vista.

If need be, I'll go into crazy roadie mode and do repeats up Mule Pass, but I'd rather hear the crunch of Arizona gravel under my tires. ;-)
My brother lives in SV and is friends with Skidmark. I'll call him here in a few and find out if Skidmark is still around?

Slugobikes, is there realy a trail above Bisbee. I've been asking that question to locals for years. That would be sweet if so.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Skidmark lives...in Sierra Vista. Still around just not on the boards.
There's more and better riding options in the Huachucas.
I'm in Bisbee and bike beyond Mule Pass up to the towers. Just a dirt road that'll get you wheezing (to 7K'+) although there may be some potential slickrock and goat trails beyond. The "trail" referenced above takes of from this road but I've yet to ride it.
Sun N Spokes has regular group rides around Sierra Vista and good beta on their website.
There's some SV locals that do some longer (4-6 hr) rides on the occasional weekends...primo stuff, great vibe.
What kind of riding you looking for?
Cheers,
M

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for all the beta so far from everyone. I don't mind doing a little exploration on my own; using the road up to the towers looks like a good starting point. I'll hit the Sierra Vista hot spots on the weekends, but the work schedule doesn't allow for an hour of transit as well as a 90minute-2hr ride during the week.

I'm looking for XC that allows some flow, but I'll take whatever I can get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.