Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
OK SSer experts...

What's your "go to" recover formula after a big gear crushing SSer ride the day before?
Not an "expert", but I've done a lot of those those, and if I'm not driving back from somewhere in a vehicle, I'll do a Z0/1 spin for an hour or two on my geared HT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
easy 3-5 mile run. I know, it's odd, but there is something uniquely satisfying to me about doing an easy run on legs that are trashed from biking. Gets the blood flowing and recruits the muscles in different ways. Works the other way round as well.

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,210 Posts
Depends on:

How I'm feeling/if I was ill recently
How much I rode in the days leading up to the big SS ride
If I had days off the bike recently
How sore/fatigued I feel

Sometimes commuting to work on a geared bike is good the next day, other times rest and taking a few days off from riding...

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
I do most of the things above. If i went way too deep in a race i wont touch the bike and rest.

Basketball

Road bike or ride with my wife

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Armature speller
Unit, Anthem, Stumpy, Secteur
4,596 Posts
An hour easy cruise in the hills on the SS.

Or as was the case this weekend, a 2:30hr, 50rpm avg, 1000m climb, 40km ride, followed the next day by a CX race...
There was a beer shortcut at the CX race. That's the same as recovery riding isn't it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.