Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
grrrah said:
Anyone know of LBSs that carry single speed parts?

In particular, I am looking for a 21t or 19t freewheel.

Do they even make that size, other than ENO?
I hate to say this but I will, Trailhead has quite a bit of SS stuff, and they carry the cheaper freewheels also.

Sean

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,461 Posts
Local, of course, depends on where you are based at...

Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont (www.passiontrailbikes.com) has a variety of singlespeed parts (chains, freewheels, Surly rigid forks, etc.).

Before Passion opened, I used to get my SS stuff from Trailhead in San Jose.

Is 19t or 21t a 29er thing? Most SSers I know seem to run a 32 up front and between 16 and 18 in back. But this is on 26" wheeled bikes.

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
-Family Cycling in Capitola
-Bicycle Trip in Santa Cruz
-a lot of shops in SC have SS parts, (ABS, Spokesman) call them
-or look for a LBS that carries BMX stuff, you might be to find something or at least have them order you one

Webcyclery has a lot of stuff, even though it's on the internet they're fast, comes from Oregon. I've seen ACS freewheels in many sizes on their website.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
singlespeed.org said:
Is 19t or 21t a 29er thing? Most SSers I know seem to run a 32 up front and between 16 and 18 in back. But this is on 26" wheeled bikes.
That is correct.

by local, I mean anything in 408, 510, 415 area codes... I guess I left that part out.. I will check out passion if I swing down the peninsula, but I will try to call the others first.

my issue is that other than the ENO ($$$), i haven't found any of the cheaper freewheels in 19 or 21... I may have to just drop the extra $$ for the right gearing..

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Just ride up Kennedy for a few weeks, you won't need to go to anything larger than a 32x19 on that fancy smanshy 29er. ;)

Also try BMX shop type bike shops. They carry those types of freewheels.

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
grrrah said:
In particular, I am looking for a 21t or 19t freewheel.

Do they even make that size, other than ENO?
No. You can get an ACS in 20t. ENO FWs are actually cheaper than 'cheap' freewheels in the long run. I was going through 2 bmx FWs per year and my first ENO is better than new at 3 years and many thousands of hard clydesdale miles. I've got a whole set: 18t, 19t and 20t.

Get your ENO from http://www.webcyclery.com. Mean Todd's a good guy.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fast Eddy said:
No. You can get an ACS in 20t. ENO FWs are actually cheaper than 'cheap' freewheels in the long run. I was going through 2 bmx FWs per year and my first ENO is better than new at 3 years and many thousands of hard clydesdale miles. I've got a whole set: 18t, 19t and 20t.

Get your ENO from http://www.webcyclery.com. Mean Todd's a good guy.
Thanks for the info. no wonder I couldnt find any.

Ive got 34x20 on right now, which feels kinda tall.. I also have a 32t ring, but I think 32x20 might be too short. I wanna either go 32x19 or 34x21... I think I will just stick to the 34x20, and use the 32 on wednesdays... eventually I will pony up for the ENO..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.